Thread: 2015 Nissan Micra (Autoblog.com)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2015 Nissan Micra (Autoblog.com)

Name:  ABMicra.jpg
Views: 1280
Size:  68.4 KB

Autoblog weighs in with a pretty positive review of the Micra. The writer especially likes the suspension setup of the car, but has a list of other likes. The cons list is mostly a wish list of higher end features that aren't available on the Micra. I find this laughable on the cheapest car in Canada's market.

Pros:
    - looks better than the competition
    - cool personalization options
    - good headroom
    - more powerful than competition
    - good ride quality / suspension

Cons:
    - no optional navigation
    - no optional leather upholstry
    - no soft touch materials on the dash

Full article: 2015 Nissan Micra

Thanks
    It's a little unusual to have an American blog reviewing a Canada-only car. I'm sure they got the invitation to the launch just because AB is so huge in the online world.

So it's interesting to see his conclusion, which we can add to THE SPECULATION...

methinks this little Micra has what it takes to carve out a space for itself, should Nissan ever decide it needs another small car in our market.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    This car is absolutely heading to American dealers. Reminds me of the Smart car. It just does not make any sense to ship them right through one of biggest markets on the planet without dropping a few off along the way.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I really don't think the K13 will come to the States. Perhaps the K14 though.

Thanks
    They'll need a place to dump their inventory of Versa's first.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    they havent passed the EPA in the States, and the Micra was designed for the Snowbirds. Though who knows....next year is another new game! What I think...if you can sell a vehicle at nearly cost...(which is a very good idea on Nissan's part) - gamble on making there revenue from parts, accessories, interest etc. the more cars on the road, the more parts in the future. Excellent Japanese Planning....takes me back to the late 60's...when they took North American by storm with the 240Z's and pushed the Z at an affordable price so the general public could afford a great little sports car..Priced Right! Smart men...OHH how we have come full circle! Waiting for them to bring back the Z's (same everything back then, but up todate fuel injection...no carb please. )