Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LED Conversion Kit Micra/March K13 H4

Thanks

LED Conversion Kit Micra/March K13 H4

Here's a quick overview of an LED conversion kit I got for the K13 by BPS Lighting. It is not an expensive kit but not a cheap one either, these conversion bulbs come with drivers and was an easy plug and play install.

I had the chance of trying them out for the past week and a half, I can say they live up to their specs.

Bellow is a small editorial of the kit.

The bulbs themselves house the newest LED tech available in the market by Philips, the lumileds ZE S which are suppose to mimic the lighting output and position of stock Halogen bulbs. This element helps provide a proper beam pattern with minimum glare.
    Name:  IMG_3290.jpg
Views: 5308
Size:  94.3 KB

Installation is quite easy and what makes this particular model great is that the heat sink is unscrewable and therefore enables fitment of the stock dust cap. Some kits out there do not have that feature and require making a custom dust cap to seal the headlamp assembly.
    Name:  IMG_3289.jpg
Views: 4121
Size:  86.0 KB

The drivers are waterproof and quite small so they only require a zip tie to be attached soemwhere in the engine compartment.
    P.S on a side note, because I wanted to have DLR's on my car, it is recommended to buy the H4 CANBUS module which is basically a resistor to dim down the DLR's since they run on the high beams.
    Name:  IMG_3291.jpg
Views: 4132
Size:  83.7 KB

Here's the Low Beam pattern next to the stock Halogens (Osram made).
    The cut-off line line is quite good and mimics the beam pattern of the Halogens.
    Name:  IMG_3311.jpg
Views: 3979
Size:  89.7 KB

High beam bellow, again with proper beam pattern diffusion. Quite satisfied considering the affordable price.
    Name:  IMG_3312.jpg
Views: 4056
Size:  86.5 KB

Installation is quite easy (plug and play) took about 30mins to get the harness properly placed in the engine compartment. Here is the right Side.
    Name:  IMG_3298.jpg
Views: 4024
Size:  92.1 KB

A picture of the DRL's during the day, installed.
    Name:  IMG_3314.jpg
Views: 4282
Size:  93.0 KB

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Nobuseri; 02-17-2018 at 12:12 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nobuseri For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (02-22-2021),MetroMPG (02-12-2020),ontario_micra (12-04-2018),ptbo micra (02-18-2018)

Thanks
    Thanks Nobuseri!

I also purchased a BPS H4 lighting kit recently and have installed it. Seems to be working well. Slightly different design to the one you purchased but it still clears the dust cap which made me happy. Way better at night than the stock bulbs.

For those who may also buy these and doesn't read instructions like me, the retaining plate comes off and you install that first, then stick the dust cap back on, then twist the bulb in there. I would also consider some additional weatherproofing on the connections.

My DRL function doesn't work, and the seller on Amazon has the CANBUS module like you do. Would you recommend this as a sure fix to the DRL problem? The seller said it might work, with no guarantee. Would you mind posting the link to your CANBUS module if it still exists?

Lights I purchased: Link

CANBUS module that might work: Link

I can't remember where I read this (edit: You and other forum posters ) but I think the Micra uses the high-beam filament on a low current to have DRL function, and this either isn't enough current to drive the LED, or the computer isn't detecting enough resistance to flip the relay(?), or something like that.

Post install pic, LED on the left and stock halogen on the right:
    Name:  k13-led-halogen-compare.jpg
Views: 4230
Size:  96.4 KB
    Last edited by ontario_micra; 12-04-2018 at 11:06 AM. Reason: added pics

Thanks
    I installed mine with CAMBUS module from a chinese brand on Aliexpress last year, but the lights are blinking when on DRL. so recently I find one called Boslla, World first 4-color car LED. Basically, it can change LED color 6500k, 4300k, and 3000k by turn on/off headlight within 3 seconds. It is pretty cool to change headlight color in rainy and fog days. I am waiting for it and going to try this bulb.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ontario_micra View Post
    Thanks Nobuseri!

I also purchased a BPS H4 lighting kit recently and have installed it. Seems to be working well. Slightly different design to the one you purchased but it still clears the dust cap which made me happy. Way better at night than the stock bulbs.

For those who may also buy these and doesn't read instructions like me, the retaining plate comes off and you install that first, then stick the dust cap back on, then twist the bulb in there. I would also consider some additional weatherproofing on the connections.

My DRL function doesn't work, and the seller on Amazon has the CANBUS module like you do. Would you recommend this as a sure fix to the DRL problem? The seller said it might work, with no guarantee. Would you mind posting the link to your CANBUS module if it still exists?

Lights I purchased: Link

CANBUS module that might work: Link

I can't remember where I read this (edit: You and other forum posters ) but I think the Micra uses the high-beam filament on a low current to have DRL function, and this either isn't enough current to drive the LED, or the computer isn't detecting enough resistance to flip the relay(?), or something like that.

Post install pic, LED on the left and stock halogen on the right:
    Name:  k13-led-halogen-compare.jpg
Views: 4230
Size:  96.4 KB
    When I ordered from BPS, they called me to confirm that I required the kit to come with DRL function, I believe if yours don't work the CANBUS module will do noting to help. Basically what the CANBUS module does is that it changes the wave length of the LEDS to make them rapidly shut off and on making them seem dimmer. At low RPM they flicker more frequently above 1000rpm it is not noticeable so idle is the only time you seem them slightly flicker.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobuseri View Post
    When I ordered from BPS, they called me to confirm that I required the kit to come with DRL function, I believe if yours don't work the CANBUS module will do noting to help. Basically what the CANBUS module does is that it changes the wave length of the LEDS to make them rapidly shut off and on making them seem dimmer. At low RPM they flicker more frequently above 1000rpm it is not noticeable so idle is the only time you seem them slightly flicker.
    Thanks. Do your DRLs function without the CANBUS module, just with a flicker? Or they just not turn on at all like mine? I don't know the exact cause or how to find out.

if I can't get the bulbs to work, I'm just going to swap the parking lights out with LEDs, because those come on with the exterior lights and are sufficient for the times of day I want that amount of light visible.

Thanks
    I also converted to LED headlights. They came with the CANBUS module and they work good. The DRL do flicker but ive noticed that its only at low RPM, so sitting at a stop light or stop sign etc. Under normal driving conditions they work normally.

Thanks
    Oh, and as far as removing the canbus module mines built in either in the light itself or the module attached to the wiring harness so removing is not an option

Thanks
    Thanks. Do your DRLs function without the CANBUS module, just with a flicker? Or they just not turn on at all like mine? I don't know the exact cause or how to find out.

if I can't get the bulbs to work, I'm just going to swap the parking lights out with LEDs, because those come on with the exterior lights and are sufficient for the times of day I want that amount of light visible.
    Yeah DRL on the BPS Lighting kit is a function that needs to be stated before purchase, so if they don't work, it's because your kit doesn't have DRL. I would try to return them (get in touch) and swap them for the right bulbs.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobuseri View Post
    Yeah DRL on the BPS Lighting kit is a function that needs to be stated before purchase, so if they don't work, it's because your kit doesn't have DRL. I would try to return them (get in touch) and swap them for the right bulbs.
    I have been in regular touch since ordering and installation with the seller. The only option apparent is the CANBUS module, which isn't a guarantee, and I don't even know if it is a CANBUS or voltage issue until I can find a multi-meter and poke around. The Micra service manual is surprisingly detailed so I think I'll have some good fun and learning experience getting this to work. The low and high works perfectly fine, I don't feel the need to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

I also converted to LED headlights. They came with the CANBUS module and they work good. The DRL do flicker but ive noticed that its only at low RPM, so sitting at a stop light or stop sign etc. Under normal driving conditions they work normally.
    Still have a link handy just in case?

Thanks
    I have been in regular touch since ordering and installation with the seller. The only option apparent is the CANBUS module, which isn't a guarantee, and I don't even know if it is a CANBUS or voltage issue until I can find a multi-meter and poke around. The Micra service manual is surprisingly detailed so I think I'll have some good fun and learning experience getting this to work. The low and high works perfectly fine, I don't feel the need to return.

Still have a link handy just in case?
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the one I am currently using. This is actually my second set. The first set had a few of the LED's burn out within 8 months or so, but at $40/set or so price point I figure its not much more then what I was paying for halogens that were only lasting a year or so anyways.