Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LED Conversion Kit Micra/March K13 H4

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobuseri View Post
    Here's a quick overview of an LED conversion kit I got for the K13 by BPS Lighting. It is not an expensive kit but not a cheap one either, these conversion bulbs come with drivers and was an easy plug and play install.

I had the chance of trying them out for the past week and a half, I can say they live up to their specs.

Bellow is a small editorial of the kit.

The bulbs themselves house the newest LED tech available in the market by Philips, the lumileds ZE S which are suppose to mimic the lighting output and position of stock Halogen bulbs. This element helps provide a proper beam pattern with minimum glare.
    Attachment 4462

Installation is quite easy and what makes this particular model great is that the heat sink is unscrewable and therefore enables fitment of the stock dust cap. Some kits out there do not have that feature and require making a custom dust cap to seal the headlamp assembly.
    Attachment 4463

The drivers are waterproof and quite small so they only require a zip tie to be attached soemwhere in the engine compartment.
    P.S on a side note, because I wanted to have DLR's on my car, it is recommended to buy the H4 CANBUS module which is basically a resistor to dim down the DLR's since they run on the high beams.
    Attachment 4464

Here's the Low Beam pattern next to the stock Halogens (Osram made).
    The cut-off line line is quite good and mimics the beam pattern of the Halogens.
    Attachment 4465

High beam bellow, again with proper beam pattern diffusion. Quite satisfied considering the affordable price.
    Attachment 4466

Installation is quite easy (plug and play) took about 30mins to get the harness properly placed in the engine compartment. Here is the right Side.
    Attachment 4460

A picture of the DRL's during the day, installed.
    Attachment 4461

Would you be able to provide me with the item number for both the lights and the drivers?

Also, did you have any issues with dust or water passing through even if the dust cap seems to fit?

Thanks!
    Antoine

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Antoine For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (02-22-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine View Post

Would you be able to provide me with the item number for both the lights and the drivers?

Also, did you have any issues with dust or water passing through even if the dust cap seems to fit?

Thanks!
    Antoine
    Well it seems the exact design you're looking for aren't offered anymore but instead they have what they call the "T2" version which seems to have a larger heat sink, look em up on Amazon. As for the Drivers, they come with it included. You will need a CANBUS module (sold separately) Amazon to have the H4's work for DRL (Daylight Driving lights). The Dust cap fits snug and seals them from dust and water.

Thanks
    Well it seems the exact design you're looking for aren't offered anymore but instead they have what they call the "T2" version which seems to have a larger heat sink, look em up on Amazon. As for the Drivers, they come with it included. You will need a CANBUS module (sold separately) Amazon to have the H4's work for DRL (Daylight Driving lights). The Dust cap fits snug and seals them from dust and water.

I actually just tried fitting the T2 and they won’t allow the dust cap to be put in place. Kind of sucks because finding a LED conversion kit is not easy for the Micra. I might have to abandon the project.

Thanks!

Thanks
    If you can unscrew the heatsink, then you should be able to install them without the heatsink then you just fit the dust cap over the threaded part of the LED shaft after-which you can re-screw the heatsink on.

Thanks
    If you can unscrew the heatsink, then you should be able to install them without the heatsink then you just fit the dust cap over the threaded part of the LED shaft after-which you can re-screw the heatsink on.
    ---

The T2 doesn't have the unscrewable heat sink. It has the ability to turn inside the headlight housing to have a different light cut off, that's it...

Thanks again!

Thanks
    Does anyone have experience with the Philips LED bulb line?

https://www.philips.com.sg/c-p/11342...headlight-bulb
    First car: 1984 silver Nissan Micra
    Current car: 2016 Gun Metallic Nissan Micra SV

Thanks
    Seems like they get pretty good reviews on eBay, but who knows for sure...

You should buy them and let the rest of us know how they are.

You could also check out the Canadian Philips site or the Canadian Philips store on Amazon.

The Cougar Moto ones that I've had installed since last March have been awesome - Easily the best LED headlights I've ever used and definitely worth a look IMO.

Thanks

Talked with BPS lighting

Quote Originally Posted by ontario_micra View Post
    I have been in regular touch since ordering and installation with the seller. The only option apparent is the CANBUS module, which isn't a guarantee, and I don't even know if it is a CANBUS or voltage issue until I can find a multi-meter and poke around. The Micra service manual is surprisingly detailed so I think I'll have some good fun and learning experience getting this to work. The low and high works perfectly fine, I don't feel the need to return.

Still have a link handy just in case?
    I have been trying to figure out why my DRLs weren’t working at all once I installed my LED headlights and CANBUS from BPS lighting. I emailed them over the weekend and they replied this morning saying that in most vehicles the DRL function works fine, but Nissan and Mazda vehicles output too low voltage (limited current) to the high beams when the switch is OFF and the parking brake is released.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jewels900 View Post
    I have been trying to figure out why my DRLs weren’t working at all once I installed my LED headlights and CANBUS from BPS lighting. I emailed them over the weekend and they replied this morning saying that in most vehicles the DRL function works fine, but Nissan and Mazda vehicles output too low voltage (limited current) to the high beams when the switch is OFF and the parking brake is released.
    ^ This is correct. +1

Thanks
    I was able to come up with a fix for the LED DRL issue with the BPS Lighting LEDs and CANBUS. All that needs to happen is to power both lamps using the same power source and fuses, while keeping the other set isolated (low beam wire will be capped, high beam will be soldered to two 8ohm 50W paralleled resistors, ground wire will go on the other side of the resistors). I made changes to the factory diagram to show what I mean. The CANBUS modules aren't shown, but they will be required (installed between factory connector and bulb).

Name:  headlamp diagram.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  85.3 KB