Thread: LED Conversion Kit Micra/March K13 H4

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

LED Conversion Kit Micra/March K13 H4

Here's a quick overview of an LED conversion kit I got for the K13 by BPS Lighting. It is not an expensive kit but not a cheap one either, these conversion bulbs come with drivers and was an easy plug and play install.

I had the chance of trying them out for the past week and a half, I can say they live up to their specs.

Bellow is a small editorial of the kit.

The bulbs themselves house the newest LED tech available in the market by Philips, the lumileds ZE S which are suppose to mimic the lighting output and position of stock Halogen bulbs. This element helps provide a proper beam pattern with minimum glare.
    Name:  IMG_3290.jpg
Views: 5309
Size:  94.3 KB

Installation is quite easy and what makes this particular model great is that the heat sink is unscrewable and therefore enables fitment of the stock dust cap. Some kits out there do not have that feature and require making a custom dust cap to seal the headlamp assembly.
    Name:  IMG_3289.jpg
Views: 4123
Size:  86.0 KB

The drivers are waterproof and quite small so they only require a zip tie to be attached soemwhere in the engine compartment.
    P.S on a side note, because I wanted to have DLR's on my car, it is recommended to buy the H4 CANBUS module which is basically a resistor to dim down the DLR's since they run on the high beams.
    Name:  IMG_3291.jpg
Views: 4133
Size:  83.7 KB

Here's the Low Beam pattern next to the stock Halogens (Osram made).
    The cut-off line line is quite good and mimics the beam pattern of the Halogens.
    Name:  IMG_3311.jpg
Views: 3981
Size:  89.7 KB

High beam bellow, again with proper beam pattern diffusion. Quite satisfied considering the affordable price.
    Name:  IMG_3312.jpg
Views: 4059
Size:  86.5 KB

Installation is quite easy (plug and play) took about 30mins to get the harness properly placed in the engine compartment. Here is the right Side.
    Name:  IMG_3298.jpg
Views: 4025
Size:  92.1 KB

A picture of the DRL's during the day, installed.
    Name:  IMG_3314.jpg
Views: 4285
Size:  93.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Nobuseri; 02-17-2018 at 12:12 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nobuseri For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (02-22-2021),MetroMPG (02-12-2020),ontario_micra (12-04-2018),ptbo micra (02-18-2018)