Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The car creaks

Thanks

The car creaks

The car has started to creak quite noticeably when going over bumps etc. Sound like when you sit on an old comfy chair and the springs creak. Anyone else experience this? Wondering if this is a sign of the springs needing to be replaced or possibly just something needs grease? Any thoughts? Thanks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp) ... 14.8 km/L ... 34.8 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FundyFan For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (01-28-2021)

Thanks
    Thats usually strut upper bearing. I wouldnt worry will drive like that till complete strut failure. Front stabilizer bushings may do that too though. Take silicone spray grease and overspray on stabilizer bushings and check by driving over bumps thats another way of checking if rubber bushings are at fault if visually are not cracked or broken.
    Last edited by Plutus; 12-05-2020 at 12:08 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Plutus For This Useful Post:

FundyFan (12-05-2020)

Thanks
    the car squeaked and rattled from day 1...its 10k worth of parts without 32$ of felt keeping them apart. no EXTREME noises though..i had front sway bar bushings on a Mazda protege make alot of hideous noise...a POSSIBILITY?...spraying just about anything that moves with silicon spray couldnt hurt i dont think?...im kind of a spray anything (edit most things edit) with a thick glob of lube guy
    Last edited by MrMicra2015; 12-05-2020 at 11:54 PM.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMicra2015 For This Useful Post:

FundyFan (12-06-2020)

Thanks
    Any update? Did you try the lubricating spray idea?

I've experienced creaking in various cars from the spring perch, and from dry bushings on the control arm and stabilizer bar.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    The creaking I hear inside the cabin is from the plastic piece that runs on the dash at the window. Even with a new wind screen it is annoying in winder. The after market windscreen is still better optically than the original Nissan one.
    The front suspension creaks on larger speed bumps and I have ignored it. A busing probably dry or something. My wife's Micra is 5 years old so when ever we hit 100K (at 78K now) I will do struts/shocks as I am just leaving it, as soft as the suspension is.

Thanks
    My Micra is creaking a little, especially when cold but it's nothing compared to my previous Versa. From experience, going to Nissan about it is useless, try to find where it's coming from and stick something (little square of yoga mat) there to see if it helps. They gotta cut cost somewhere I guess!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to carorules For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (01-28-2021)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

creaking

we had a creak that was apparent at startup (in cold canada!) but went away after driven awhile unless hard corning... turned out to be the sway bar LINKS... car is barely 25k km ... and not covered... oh well... had fixed, no issues now

Quote Originally Posted by carorules View Post
    My Micra is creaking a little, especially when cold but it's nothing compared to my previous Versa. From experience, going to Nissan about it is useless, try to find where it's coming from and stick something (little square of yoga mat) there to see if it helps. They gotta cut cost somewhere I guess!

Thanks
    My car creaked on the back right when getting in,out, and going over bumps. It was the silver adjuster in the back from brake . The hand brake wasn't causing the adjuster to actually adjust causing the creaking sound in the wheel well.

Thanks
    Problem solved. Turns out it was the front sway bar bushings. Apparently one just fell apart as they were replacing them. Replaced two and all is well now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp) ... 14.8 km/L ... 34.8 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Done under warranty? How many km on odometer?