Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the longest you've owned a car? How long do you plan to keep your Micra?

Thanks
    Looks minty. Did you put the aftermarket wheels on it?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Looks minty. Did you put the aftermarket wheels on it?
    Yeah from an 89 Civic Hatchback.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    That's not very much driving for 15 years.

Do you do anti-rust treatment for your cars? (Krown e.g.) Rust would kill your Micra before the kilometers!

Not much driving indeed, I'm self employed and work from home, no commute... And no, I didn't get rust treatment for my cruiser and its one of the reason why I sold it. The rust was beginning to eat it away.. front fender, under the doors, usual pt cruiser rust problems. I also had problems with the rear suspension. I regret not getting rust proofing for the cruiser and told myself I would make the same mistake with my Micra. When I bought it my dealer had a special offer, 10 years of rust treatment for 600$ plus rust warranty...not a bad deal.

Thanks
    Speaking of rust guys...Look at my mint 2010 Ford Transit that I use at work ! Honestly, I believe this is the worst truck EVER !
    Doors replaced (won't close), transmission replaced, electrical system serviced maybe 20 times for battery problems and countless bearings et direction parts replaced. Make me feel like in a Ferrari in my Micra !
    Name:  20180321_140542.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  97.7 KB

5. The Following User Says Thank You to va2dv For This Useful Post:

Pete (03-22-2018)

Thanks
    Partner and I just got another car, suzuki baleno glx turbo for 18,500 aud drive away (4,000 less then normal new price)
    Micra is staying, but will be our 2nd car.

if you dont know the car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJiwAGtKQ2k
    Last edited by nephy; 04-17-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Thanks
    Suzuki pulled out of selling in North America a couple of years ago. Just couldn't make a go of it after a couple of decades trying. (Not enough giant SUV's or pickup trucks in the lineup, haha.) They never sold the Baleno here. Last smallish Suzuki was the Aerio.

Which engine did you get? The 1.0L triple turbo?? Sounds fun! Gearbox?

My 20 year old car has a Suzuki 1.0 triple... 35 year-old old tech, and no turbo though. 55 HP.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I think that Suzuki in North America got shafted by one of its biggest shareholders. General Motors owned 20% of Suzuki. When GM bought up the failing Daiwoo Company it needed to push product through the Daiwoo plants. They were not very good cars but Suzuki was obliged to put their good name on an inferior product that was not theirs. Also GM started selling the same cars on its lots with different names. GM could outdeal the Suzuki dealers just by being everywhere. Some wags called the Suzuki/Daiwoo cars ....... ... Daiwookees.

Thanks
    Oh that's right!

I nearly forgot about the Aveo rebadged as the Swift+. The previous generation Swift (Metro... based on 100% Suzuki engineering) was arguably much better!

Thanks
    I have always liked Suzuki. I thought they had interesting styling and decent engineering. I still see loads o f Chev Trackers running around and lots of Suzuki SX4s. As I recall the Daiwookees were called Forenza, Verona and Reno while across town at GM there was the Epica, Optra, and Aveo.. The Epica sold poorly and I think all the local ones died. There are still some Optras chugging around and of course lots of Aveos.

Thanks
    As long as my wife doesn't have any problem keeping it. Though we might get a bigger vehicle soon since the kids are growing.

I'm running a set of Fuel wheels with Mickey Thompson tires.