Thread: Drivers side Power window problem

Thanks

Drivers side Power window problem

I use my drivers side power window a lot, I like to have it down a bit to listen for traffic at intersections then usually back up when moving or completely open.
    Lately the window started to make a Clunk sound when it started moving Up or Down.
    Yesterday it got real bad, the window went part way down kind of crooked & then jammed and the door panel bulged out towards me. It took some fiddling & pulling but I got it to go back up.
    Today I took off the door panel & saw 2 bolts sitting loose under the clear plastic liner.
    Turns out they are from the window regulator. There are 2 bolts above (that were loose) & the 2 that fell out below holding the regulator in place.
    I had to jockey the window down switch a bit to get the regulator to rotate a little inside the door so I could line up the threads to get the bolts back in.
    Once I had it all lined up I took out one bolt at a time & reinstalled with blue Loctite.
    So far so good!

Attached Images Attached Images  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimwilly For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (10-04-2023),MrMicra2015 (10-08-2023)

Thanks
    Good to know the fix can be done by yourself, and inexpensively........ Thanks for sharing!......

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra SV automatic: 8.6 L/100 km ... 33.0 mpg (Imp) ... 11.7 km/L ... 27.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    HaHa your welcome. Also a heads up to other owners if your power window starts acting up, check the mounting bolts!
    Since the loose bolts caused the mounting holes in the door panel to elongate I think I may have to open the door again & try rotating
    The assembly a little CCW as the window goes up leaning forward then kind of twists CCW & gets forced into the weather strip at the top. The passenger side just goes straight up & down.

Thanks
    I was scrolling through my cell phone pictures & found a picture taken last April when I had the door open to replace the hinge latch thing. To my surprise I see there was a bolt already fallen out & the paint shows the remaining three bolts had been moving around in their holes.
    Yeesh!

Attached Images Attached Images  

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimwilly For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (10-05-2023),MrMicra2015 (10-08-2023)