Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 Micra fuel economy/mileage test: ecodriving a 5-speed and automatic in Montreal

Thanks
    I think it more depend on the highway driving vs city driving. From his log, he's goind 60% highway and if you're doing mostly city, your fuel economy will be different no matter what you do. For exemple, when I drive on the highway, my computer report 4.2l /100km or even less, so I would do around 5L/100km in reality if I would do mostly highway. When I get into the city this totally change. Also in the winter my mileage was quite bad, around 9L/100km. Now that the weather is warming up, I am back to around 7L/100km doing mostly city. This makes a big difference. Cold weather affect your fuel consumption and the fact that the gas in winter is a different mix than in summer. Aftica last fuel up was last year from June to July, so hard to compare since the morning now might still be quite cold and not sure when the gas companies are going to switch to summer gas?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nichol View Post
    with the bigger tires on I am actually travelling further than the computer reports. Maybe my mileage is better than I think it is?
    Yep, that's also true. You can calculate your odometer error (eg. tire size calculator) and apply it to your fuel log calculations.

And Dani is also right: Hard to compare numbers from different driving environments.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nichol View Post
    with the bigger tires on I am actually travelling further than the computer reports. Maybe my mileage is better than I think it is?
    Yep, that's also true.

You can calculate your odometer error (eg. tire size calculator) and apply it to your fuel log entries. My winter tires are larger than the stock summer tires, so I do this when I track my fuel consumption.

And Dani is also right: Hard to compare numbers from different driving environments.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...