Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nissan owner all my Life....that's a long time! Recommend the MICRA!

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Talking Nissan owner all my Life....that's a long time! Recommend the MICRA!

Well..owned a Micra in the early 80's..was defiantly a commuter and we loved it! Back then it only had 2 doors..and the second babe was on the way..had to trade it in! Have missed this vehicle since then. Yesterday went by my local Nissan dealer to pickup some parts..and noticed the Micra's were back! Looked at the price..went home...researched...This morning at 11:00 am...laid down the cash...and bought my Micra that I had missed for along time. . Will be here next week! This time it has 4 doors..an up to date exterior. Still have my V8 for the long road trips, Micra - for commuting to work and running around town..you can't beat the price and the exterior style. Leave the comfort to your second auto..the amount I will save on gas..pays for the car..and for my road trips....As a true Nissan owner from 240Z, B210, 280Z, Micra, Stanza, Q45t..now back to my Micra. Am very happy! Oh...yes..I kept the 280Z and Q45t in storage. There is no doubt in my mind...a great priced vehicle for everyday running...get your Micra now..before they are all gone.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FunFun For This Useful Post:

AlphaMicra (05-18-2014)

Thanks
    FunFun, that makes two former Micra owners here who have plunked down a deposit for a new one. (See Greetings from an original Micra owner )

Which model did you order? Manual or auto?

Welcome to the forum!

PS: did you take one for a test drive?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Hey, FunFun, great to see a fellow former Micra owner here! I was like you; I was in the market for a commuter, but when I discovered the Micra, I was like, take my money dammit, and give me my Micra! Micra's have always been great value for the dollar and last forever. I was supposed to get mine a couple of weeks ago, but looks like the manual transmission build found itself on the tail end, so maybe this week. I've never been this excited about a car since my first Micra.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

FunFun (05-19-2014)

Thanks
    You guys all had 'em too? LOL...Make that 3 original Micra owners (Red '87 MT, bought new).

And since the really cool micros like Honda's N-One, Life, and Daihatsu's Cocoa are unobtainium...looks like i'll have another, if they get around to making any base models that is...
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Welcome to the site. Congrats on plunking down for a new Micra. I can't wait to see pics.

I'm also jealous of the 280z... such a beautiful car (along with the 240z).

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    FunFun, that makes two former Micra owners here who have plunked down a deposit for a new one. (See Greetings from an original Micra owner )

Which model did you order? Manual or auto?

Welcome to the forum!

PS: did you take one for a test drive?
    Hi! Well..Base all the way! Going to work or just jumping in the car to go to the grocery store...a radio/CD and heat..is all I needed for an accessory - was included! Manual transmission - for gas economy - funnier to drive --and control. Also..manual trani's last longer. Over the past few months my Q was costing me an arm and a leg in gas...was seriously thinking of moving from the mountains to the city to save gas, did not want to get rid of my Q - I love my car. Other subcompact vehicles I felt were too expensive for what you get and could never bring myself to buy one. Just out of the blue for me..didn't know the Micra was coming back - until May 17 and the price! was in my budget range for another car. With this car - the savings in gas will pay for the car alone and I have a new car! You can not go wrong with the new Micra - I was surprised I was able to get the pass name of " FUN FUN" that was the motto back in the 80's for the Micra...

They did not have a manual trani for me to test drive...only the automatics. No worries here..been a Nissan owner for 39 years - Japanese Engineers are great!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FunFun View Post
    With this car - the savings in gas will pay for the car alone and I have a new car!
    I had the exact same reasoning when deciding to buy my Micra, and I'm certain many others will as well. I envision a flood of cheap SUV's flooding the auto trader as Micra's start to fill the streets.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    Hey, FunFun, great to see a fellow former Micra owner here! I was like you; I was in the market for a commuter, but when I discovered the Micra, I was like, take my money dammit, and give me my Micra! Micra's have always been great value for the dollar and last forever. I was supposed to get mine a couple of weeks ago, but looks like the manual transmission build found itself on the tail end, so maybe this week. I've never been this excited about a car since my first Micra.
    Hi AlphaMicra! Well...when I went to the dealer at 11:00 am (opening time) - wanted to bet the rush! LOL...like you..take my money dammit..LMAO..and give me my Micra...LOL..you are making me roll here! The first Salesman that shaked my hand "Well your the lucky man - I want my Micra - spent 10 minutes - ..I think "WE" previous Micra owners understand the value of the MICRA..and are not going to be left out in the wind! I was leaning towards a Mettallic Blue..then thought why not a "Sporty Red" never had a red vehicle before..let's get abit of spice with it!...A good decision on my part...a base "Sporty Red" is in the holding lot and not the Blue - which would be 3 months away before arrival. Am excited too! Nissan has made my descision's in life so much easier..

Thanks
    With this car - the savings in gas will pay for the car alone and I have a new car!
    Yep, even with all the *****ing and whining about the high price of gas, few people fully understand that it is the single most expensive thing about owning/driving a car.
    My small '01 4cyl P/U (bought new) has 400,000 KM's on the clock. At 33mpg (imp), 80 cents/L, that works out to about $27,000 in fuel through a car that cost $21,000 out the door. LOL!

EDIT: just for fun... those same 400,000 KM's going forward (in a Micra) at 45mpg (imp), $1.20/litre, will cost about $30,000 in fuel, through a car that cost $13,025 out the door.
    Last edited by aftica; 05-19-2014 at 05:07 PM.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aftica For This Useful Post:

FunFun (05-22-2014),MetroMPG (05-19-2014)

Thanks
    A good decision on my part...a base "Sporty Red" is in the holding lot and not the Blue - which would be 3 months away before arrival.
    Good call, that.

A friend of a friend says he's going to get a base S for his kids. I suggested he shouldn't be choosy about the colour if he wants it sooner than later.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...