Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: side airbag sensor recall for model years 2015, 2016, 2017

Thanks
    I called the dealership I bought my car from this a.m. and they told me to call them once a week and see when parts have an ETA. She said they're out "Canada wide" and have no clue when to expect any.

Thanks
    My dealership got the parts last week, work was done on Monday. So there is hope

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by velame View Post
    I called the dealership I bought my car from this a.m. and they told me to call them once a week and see when parts have an ETA. She said they're out "Canada wide" and have no clue when to expect any.
    I got mine done last Wednesday and the parts were two days away. They were ordered the previous Thursday.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Mine is in the shop right now. The Service guy said the parts are finally showing up and they have done about 6 vehicles so far .

Thanks
    I got the letter last month. Took it into Midway, but was told they didn't have the parts in yet and that I'd get a call back when the parts are in. Called a couple weeks ago, they're still waiting on a source to ship them
    Last edited by My Micra; 02-10-2018 at 06:02 PM.

I wonder if this recall is related to the safety down grade.
    Literally the airbags are what give this car it’s safe rating and if they don’t work then this cars basically 2 star front occupant 0-1 start rear occupant which is terrifying is a new car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    I wonder if this recall is related to the safety down grade.
    Literally the airbags are what give this car it’s safe rating and if they don’t work then this cars basically 2 star front occupant 0-1 start rear occupant which is terrifying is a new car.
    i doubt it, the recall is the rear bags go off when you slam the door, its OVER SAFE!!!!LOL
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Got mine done yesterday. It took about 2 hours. I had initially called the dealer closest to me ( 10 minutes away )about a couple of weeks back and I was first asked if I bought the car from them, then I was told that the parts are on back order and Nissan Canada will call me when they arrive. I called Nissan Canada and was told that Nissan Canada does not call but if that's what the dealer said then someone will call ( I got the feeling that this was not going to happen). I then called the place where I bought the car from and they said they just got the parts and booked me right away, the only problem was I had to drive for an hour to get there. Anyways its all done now but I get the feeling the dealers don't want to deal with recalls if you have not bought the car from them.

Thanks
    my parts are in, scheduled to be done Thursday.
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ptbo micra For This Useful Post:

Pete (02-26-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ptbo micra View Post
    my parts are in, scheduled to be done Thursday.
    You guys are lucky, they had no appointment available before april.. Sounds like it's just not a priority to them.