Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Micra rant (2 year ownership)

Thanks
    Based on what is here, it seems like an extreme case. Also with another member IMPLU comes to minds when it comes to extreme case as well. I agree with Metro that I don't believe the dealerships story and why they wouldn't cover the back window. I think that would have to be a lot of pressure in the whole cabin to have that window break. I know that lights are a wear and tear item but you would think that they would be covered under warranty. Maybe someone can explain to why they're not? I know they aren't like wipers to where you could leave them on all the time and the rubber would get thin. I understand why that wouldn't be covered under warranty.

When it comes to gas there is going to be a variable in that. When I did straight highway after my break-in was over I got 6.2. I average 7.2 in the summer. Now with winter tires I am getting 8.2/100 kms. I just think that fuel numbers are skewed and don't represent real world numbers.

Thanks
    He had a copule of minor trim issues and some REALLY bad luck..i have a 2015 honda fit with EXACTLY the same problems....only the front windshield cracked.....so i dont feel really bad for him..

i can understand his furstration.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    He had a copule of minor trim issues and some REALLY bad luck..i have a 2015 honda fit with EXACTLY the same problems....only the front windshield cracked.....so i dont feel really bad for him..

i can understand his furstration.
    I agree that it would be frustrating. I think about if it was more of engine or transmission issues I would be just mad. I've had other vehicles that were a lot more, cost wise and had bigger problems. I add the OP's problem to bad luck is all. If you look at all the members on the forum and no problems they had, Micra isn't all that bad. Could always be bad like the Mitsubishi Mirage. HA! Fog light on the stock when they're is no rear fog light.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I don't think Nissan Canada really promoted the car as being fuel-efficient. Right at the beginning we knew it was near the bottom for fuel consumption -- bigger engine, more power, short gearing (with the manual) and older technology for the automatic :
    This is the brochure i got when i bought my car...
    Name:  brochure.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  22.3 KB

basically saying in English:
    Imagine if you are driving your favorite car, when consuming less fuel and reduce your carbon footprints. Micra is built for you. Economical, elegant, affordable, and easy to drive. .... bla bla bla bla...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ABMicra17 View Post
    I agree that it would be frustrating. I think about if it was more of engine or transmission issues I would be just mad. I've had other vehicles that were a lot more, cost wise and had bigger problems. I add the OP's problem to bad luck is all. If you look at all the members on the forum and no problems they had, Micra isn't all that bad. Could always be bad like the Mitsubishi Mirage. HA! Fog light on the stock when they're is no rear fog light.
    Frustration, yeah.. the most frustrated part was that i was able to convince my wife to pull money from out tight budget to get a new car so we can also save on maintenance... it turns out that the Micra doesn't give us the confidence that it will not fall apart once the extended warranty is finished..

At least Mirage would allow us to REALLY save on fuel.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    micra2080

If you got a SR trim, I am very positive that you can ask more than 10K (with reasonable mileage)
    Back just 2 months ago when I test drove a used one (SV trim, 2016 car with 60000km, rental) dealer want 9999$

I really do believe that your car's chassis or somewhere isn't straight (or at keep hitting the marginal spec) so that's why door can't open, and eventually when you slam the door, it cracked the glass. (If you try to use air force to pop the glass as the way they claim, the door which you are closing should be the first to blow due to your force + the air force)

May be you should try to talk to Nissan Canada and see what kind of resolution will they provide you.... (You never know will you hit a jackpot)

Thanks
    oh god...we have thin Nissan glass,,,augh!

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/1...shattered.html

and extra Nickle sulphides!!

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...t=1692647&i=20

https://failures.wikispaces.com/Glas...ide+Inclusions

great... 7 years of no worrys....!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MrMicra2015; 01-05-2018 at 09:28 PM.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Traded in my Micra for 9000$ at a second hand shop. Added 4000$ for a 2012 RVR 4WD: 40k KM.

Asked for trade-in value at a Nissan dealership just to get an idea... they offered 8000$ for my 2015 SR with 25k KM...
    Autotrader says between 9000 - 10000$ in quebec.

Can't wait to pick it up next week!

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    so this little car do hold it's own value well....

btw, test drive your RVR first. you may hated their CVT. It's very sluggish

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTurbo View Post
    so this little car do hold it's own value well....

btw, test drive your RVR first. you may hated their CVT. It's very sluggish
    not sure if it actually hold its value or not. 2 years, lost 45% already.

Tested the RVR, didn't have big expectation with CVT, because we tested the Mirage and Versa when we decided to buy Micra and the CVT or the 3 cylinder engine's noise was horribly loud. The Mirage was also choking when accelerate after stop signs... which is why we bought the Micra instead.

None of the above problem in RVR. drove it all the way to 140 km/hr, had no problems, the noise was bearable. Micra's plastic interior clacking sound is more annoying.
    Tried on city street with pot holes, no problems.

i know i m going to miss Big White, because it's my first brand new car. but nothing else...