Thread: Is there a market for an unused Micra key fob?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Is there a market for an unused Micra key fob?

I totalled my Micra (only had it a few weeks!) and have a spare unused key fob.

I'm wondering if there's a market for them? Can it be reprogrammed? I know these fobs can be very expensive to replace.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Are you OK? Any hurt from you?

Market wise, yes, but don't think you will get some big coins from them. (You can go on ebay, and take a look, some PPL do like to collect them as a hobby) Re-program, you can forget that right away.... They are basically 1 shot deal. (Of course certain models, and so may not, but from my understanding, most are programmed, and done)

Btw, will you be able to post some pics of the car, and tell us what kind of speed are we talkin about when the accident happen? (I am more interest at the chassis's stiffness than the key LOL)

Thanks
    Thanks for your post. I'll check that out. It was actually my wife that totalled the car. Actually she totalled 2 Micras in a 3 month period. Both were not at fault... just really bad luck! Really good luck she wasn't hurt!

She was largely unharmed on both so the car did it's job. One was a protected left turn. Driver opposite ran red and hit the passenger headlight area (50-60 km/hr zone but at an intense room so I'd assume slower speeds than limit). No airbag deployment in that one.

Hit a deer on US trip about 2 months later (highway speed) in a brand new 2017. Hadn't even put wiper fluid in it it was so new! Airbags deployed in that one and scratched up her wrists a bit. Totalled again!
    Name:  FB_IMG_1505865214658.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  93.5 KB this was the red light runner one. Don't have pics of the other

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTurbo View Post
    Are you OK? Any hurt from you?

Market wise, yes, but don't think you will get some big coins from them. (You can go on ebay, and take a look, some PPL do like to collect them as a hobby) Re-program, you can forget that right away.... They are basically 1 shot deal. (Of course certain models, and so may not, but from my understanding, most are programmed, and done)

Btw, will you be able to post some pics of the car, and tell us what kind of speed are we talkin about when the accident happen? (I am more interest at the chassis's stiffness than the key LOL)

Thanks
    Autocorrect screwed up so words there! At an "intersection"