Thread: any idea why tire repair kit comes with a lube??

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

any idea why tire repair kit comes with a lube??

Going to buy the tire repair kit, but anyone know why it come with a small can of lube? (inside looks a bit like wax or saddle soap)

Thanks
    I've used kits like that for a few years and mine never came with lube!

It could be to put on the inside of the "forks" of the tool on the left so the plug doesn't stick to it when you're trying to pull the tool out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    possible.... Because when I saw that, tire lube.... at first, i thought they mean bead sealer, but it's actually lube lube, like wax + Vaseline kind of thing.

Thanks
    While we're on the subject...

I highly recommend people get one of these kits!

I always used to take my car in whenever I got a nail or a screw in the tire. Then I thought, after seeing the repair guys use these tools, why not try it myself?

In the last few years I've used it 4 or 5 times on my own car plus on family members' cars, and never had a problem with the plug leaking afterward.

Worth it to save time & money & hassle. I'm sure there are YouTube videos that teach you how, if you're not sure.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yes, it's a must have. I highly recommend it too. But I don't recommend you to put it in the car and travel around. (Unless road trip, short period) Those brown stick needs to have some moisture, if you keep them under heat and cold all the time, they get dry out, and that's why some people said it doesn't work, it leak.