Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Nissan Kicks CUV has a 1.6L HR16DE engine with 125 HP

Thanks
    I was hoping we could get an OEM parts diagram, specs and maybe some hands on experience/measurements of the Kicks boltons.

It definitely gets the extra power from just boltons and a very specific tune with the CVT only.
    Especially if the compression ratio is actually the same.

Makes me wish even more that Nissan had a good ECU tuning platform..

I'd put money on a 2" full exhaust, the Kicks intake mani and throttle body, CAI and a tune for premium fuel on the 5mt making 135hp at the crank.

Thanks
    Oh, and just a confirmation: Nissan.ca lists the Kicks engine code as "HR16DE".

https://www.nissan.ca/en/crossovers/...ons-specs.html

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

ontario_micra (07-12-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Oh, and just a confirmation: Nissan.ca lists the Kicks engine code as "HR16DE".

https://www.nissan.ca/en/crossovers/...ons-specs.html
    I think the Kicks would have made an excellent candidate for e-4wd or ePower since it's limited to a CVT only drivetrain and has all the other trendy smart features.

Thanks
    Technically, yeah.

BUT... the whole marketing angle of the Kicks is that it's the Micra of the cute-ute/crossover scene. Meaning: cheapest MSRP. It undercuts the competition by a couple of grand, from what I read.

e-Power would add a pile of $$$ and sort of go against how they're positioning it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Technically, yeah.

BUT... the whole marketing angle of the Kicks is that it's the Micra of the cute-ute/crossover scene. Meaning: cheapest MSRP. It undercuts the competition by a couple of grand, from what I read.

e-Power would add a pile of $$$ and sort of go against how they're positioning it.
    True, I'm just getting sick of the whole, budget, we can do whatever we want in North America because there's no competition in the space. Not Nissan's fault, just the attitude here overall. Hoping as sedans die, manufacturers will start to compete with more drivetrain options.

There are lots of budget vehicles already offered by Nissan. I sort of understand the Kicks in concept but can we get some more substance from them? Everything short of a Rogue and Altima are already cheap. Their reliability has been tanking too. The exponential growth they've been experiencing is going to have some serious backlash with the poorer QA and overall vehicle quality and features. They've now overtaken Toyota and VW in total sales and no longer have the reliability or performance of either (mostly due to Renault imho and parts bin vehicles for cost reduction).

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    The Micra automatic also beats the official rating by a large margin. The worst winter time driving rating I have got is 6.2. The best was 4.7 on a secondary highway. I generally average 5.2 on short runs to town ( 7 km one way speed about 60 kmh)

Thanks
    True - you'd definitely beat the CVT ratings with your style of driving as well.

FYI, averages by transmission type from our fuel log:

Automatic only
    13 cars = 7.4 L/100 km

Manual only
    21 cars = 6.6 L/100 KM

Thanks
    True - you'd definitely beat the CVT ratings in that type of driving as well.

FYI, averages by transmission type from our fuel log:

Automatic only
    13 cars = 7.4 L/100 km

Manual only
    21 cars = 6.6 L/100 KM

I get about 7.5L/100KM city on average per tank in my MT but I bring it to redline every.single.day. and I love it!

Thanks
    Looks like after doing some research the Kicks uses an intake manifold with Variable Intake Air System (VIAS).

Basically Nissan's version of intake manifold runners. Good system for economy engines but pretty impossible to transfer over to our engine. VIAS + CVT + I/H/E is how it's getting that rated MPG and the power boost at lower RPMs.

Thanks
    I/H/E ?