Hey everybody! Your "Micra SUV" is here!
Notable, according to Wiki:
- It replaces the Juke
- It's made on the same "V" platform as the Micra, Versa sedan & Note
- It's made in the same factory as the Canadian Micra (Aguascalientes, Mexico)
- It comes with a 1.6L HR16DE in Brazil (Canadian press info only says "1.6L")
- The engine is rated at 125 horsepower and 115 lb-ft of torque.
- It comes in FWD only, just like the cars on which it's based.
- It comes with a CVT only, no manual.
Nissan will be hoping people will buy this instead of the Micra on which it's based, just as people are buying the Honda HRV (instead of the Fit on which it's based), the Buick/Chevrolet Trax (instead of the Sonic on which it's based), etc. etc. etc.
Crossovers! Crossovers! Crossovers!
Nissan page about the Kicks: