Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pre-face lift JDM front Conversion Nismo Spec Project

Thanks

Pre-face lift JDM front Conversion Nismo Spec Project

So from the beginning of owning the car, I always wanted to have the pre-face lift front end design of the March, more specifically the Nismo version, so throughout some time in the past few months I was able to pursue this and acquire a few starter parts from Japan to demonstrate that this is possible.

First thing, was the headlamps these are of course different in design "slightly". They do not have the integrated side makers like the Canadian spec. It was a bit difficult to find a worthy pair, and I also had to keep in mind that the particular models I was looking for needed to be the late revised models DBA-K13 (Nismo spec use OEM headlamps that are late model design were you see the front of the housing has a sharper end to it same as Canadian type). I had to source a pair since most were just singles so that the quality wouldn't vary. After a couple of months of searching I ended up getting really lucky and found a nice barely used pair @yahoo auctions jp and when they arrived they were new at used price. Missing levellers, in Japan they are electronic and can be adjusted from the interior

Something to take note, the Canadian headlamp assembly is made by Hella (German company, made in Mexico) & the JDM headlamps are made by Koito (Japanese company, made in Taiwan).

Name:  IMG_3124.jpg
Views: 2614
Size:  104.2 KB Name:  IMG_3144.jpg
Views: 2632
Size:  93.6 KB

For the first test, I had to strip my front-end to equip the JDM headlamps on the frame. With that, I can confirm some of the mounting points were the same, however I already knew this shouldn't work without the JDM side fenders, since they have a different shape and different plastic snap plate. Knowing this, the full conversion cannot work without them. I will have to wait until spring to test the rest. Bellow are some pictures of the fitment.

Name:  IMG_3150.jpg
Views: 2725
Size:  98.0 KB

Fender side screw mount

Name:  IMG_3151.jpg
Views: 2646
Size:  94.0 KB

Fender overhead screw mount

Name:  IMG_3152.jpg
Views: 2622
Size:  92.4 KB

Also, another thing to take note. The front markers are not the same bulbs since in Japan the markers are on the side fenders. The smaller bulb holder made by Koito is much smaller (two prongs vs 3 prongs) and different than the Hella made model. I will simply get the correct plugs. I thought I could re-use the current ones but these won't fit in the lamp housing.

Name:  IMG_3147.jpg
Views: 2671
Size:  91.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_3149.jpg
Views: 2614
Size:  89.2 KB

That's it for now, I will keep this tread updated as the months go by, and proceed to the next crucial step, seeing if the OEM JDM side fenders will fit on the frame.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nobuseri For This Useful Post:

MrMicra2015 (11-18-2017),Myde (06-02-2018)

Thanks
    Cool project - subscribed!

The grass is always greener on the other side, eh?

I bet there are owners in Japan who would like to have the facelift look. We need a "matchmaking" service.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Possibly yeah, a matchmaking service would be cool. thanks

Thanks
    Oh !! you got headlight as well.

Do you have fenders and bumper as well?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shcboyzone View Post
    Oh !! you got headlight as well.

Do you have fenders and bumper as well?
    Not at the current moment, fenders I should have for spring 2018. Looking for a good condition used pair. Front Nismo bumper will take some time too, many do not come with the hyper daytime LEDs & the control box which is crucial. The side fender flares are also quite rare and will require some time sourcing.

Thanks
    Awesome!!!
    First car: 1984 silver Nissan Micra
    Current car: 2016 Gun Metallic Nissan Micra SV

Thanks
    Quick update, I was able to obtain two of the 4 original Nismo S under-body member brace plates/bars. Brace for the sub-frame and under body exhaust tunnel reinforcement plate. These will be installed on the existing holes which will require the installation of M8 Rivet Nuts.
    Name:  Nismo S.jpg
Views: 2472
Size:  50.0 KB

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nobuseri For This Useful Post:

Daox (12-29-2017)

Thanks
    Nice!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Please update us on how the install goes as well as how it affects handling.

Thanks
    They don't make random things at Nismo, these are but two of the 4 major bracing ad-on to improve rigidity included with the Nismo S trim, it enhances stability at high-speed highway driving and reduces body flex under cornering when all 4 are equipped. [1] & [2] are what I was able to find used. Cusco also offers upgrade models of these braces with tubular [ ] shaped steel and with more fastening points.
    Name:  march_1707_nismo_010.jpg.ximg.l_6_m.smart.jpg
Views: 2462
Size:  34.8 KB