Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Still being held back from buying...(note is the problem)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by en3rg1e View Post
    Lol! I just bought a house, so now im having trouble saving money for my micra...Attachment 356 just spent 2k on my livingroom
    Gorgeous though. =]

Thanks
    careful with the cvt in the Nissan. My jeep patriot had the same one, I had 3 put in mine. just wasn't working right. Im not a fan of them at all. My audi a4 cabrio has one too that is skipping when accelerating hard. 7k bill to install a new one. ouch.

Thanks
    I just recently discovered that the transmission in the 2.5 Altima the dealership has let me drive has a CVT. For the first few days, I was amazed at how well the transmission performed and how smooth it was, then I was trying to figure out why it never had to downshift whenever I accelerated; it went into the power band and seemed like it could easily keep going on into highly illegal speeds very quickly, then I realized what I was driving.

This confirmed my belief that the CVT is a better automatic transmission than an automatic. That said, I still want a stick shift Micra. No CVT or automatic for me, thanks.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    problem with the cvt is that its not serviceable. you cannot even change fluids in the Jeep version, im not sure about the Nissan one. But being a mechanic, my mind says NOPE. you need to keep fresh fluids for longevity. That was the ONLY issue I had with my jeep. the CVT had a 10 year warranty on it so it was only inconvience but NO MORE cvts for me. They since removed it from all patriots and compass models besides the fdII models as the cvt is needed to get the off road crawl ratio.

I see a few nissans with cvts now and im like ewww, that cant be good.

Thanks
    I have nothing but respect for Chrysler. As far as I'm concerned, they're the best option of the Big 3. That said, you can't really compare them to Nissan, and you shouldn't; otherwise, you'll be wrong. The fluid on the Nissan CVT's can most certainly be changed, quite easily:

Again, a better automatic than an automatic. As soon as we get a Micra with one, my '09 Pontiac Torrent will be replaced so my wife can enjoy automatic convenience with the efficiency of a manual.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    When I was having issue, since my rig was under warranty, they told me that you can't....the cvt in the pat is the same cvt that Nissan uses.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kojack View Post
    When I was having issue, since my rig was under warranty, they told me that you can't....the cvt in the pat is the same cvt that Nissan uses.
    not exactly, the CVT that is in chrysler products is indeed supplied by the same company that supplies Nissan with their CVT's, but beyond that chrysler uses custom software and components specifically made by them for the rest of the CVT to put into their cars and SUV's. All nissan CVT's are serviceable, but it is usually recommended to have the service performed by a dealer as they have the necessary equipment in order to properly drain and fill the CVT's on Nissan cars and SUV's