Thread: OEM Spring Rate

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

OEM Spring Rate

Hello guys.

It may have this info at somewhere but I really can not find it.

Could you guys tell me OEM spring rate for Canadian Micra?

Mine is 2017 Nissan Micra SR model, if it matters.

I am trying to buy lowering springs but I don`t wanna go too stiff compare with OEM setup.

Thank you for your help

Thanks
    The last time we went over springs was quite a while ago, I don't know where it'd be either lol - the modifications list is a nice thing to run through regardless ( http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...mizations-list )

In regards to just lowering the car - N15 put together a list of aftermarket springs for the car so you can compare the spring rates they have to get an idea. http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...-for-k13-micra

When I did my calculations (putting a known weight in the driver and passenger seats - measuring the change in wheel gap), I found that 30% of the weight added to the front seats is transferred to the front wheels, with the other 70% being sent to the rear (rear seat ballast is 90-95% on the rear tires). Stock front's seem to be around 2K (110 pound), and 2.5-3K (140-170lbs) in the rear - So you can likely get away with a 2.5K in the front, and a 3.5-4K in the rear and be fine...ish. The rear springs are what you'll notice most though, and I'm not solid on what the stock shocks can handle in rebound. Nobuseri (another owner on here) has used a progressive spring from RS-R (a "Ti2000" but I don't know which model exactly), thing sits beautifully but I don't know what the ride's like.

I went the coilover route and have 2.5K in the front (would like 3-3.5K) and 10.5K in the rear (used to have 15K but the rear end was going airborne), it's bumpy but fun

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...

Quote Originally Posted by Azmodon View Post
    The last time we went over springs was quite a while ago, I don't know where it'd be either lol - the modifications list is a nice thing to run through regardless ( http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...mizations-list )

In regards to just lowering the car - N15 put together a list of aftermarket springs for the car so you can compare the spring rates they have to get an idea. http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...-for-k13-micra

When I did my calculations (putting a known weight in the driver and passenger seats - measuring the change in wheel gap), I found that 30% of the weight added to the front seats is transferred to the front wheels, with the other 70% being sent to the rear (rear seat ballast is 90-95% on the rear tires). Stock front's seem to be around 2K (110 pound), and 2.5-3K (140-170lbs) in the rear - So you can likely get away with a 2.5K in the front, and a 3.5-4K in the rear and be fine...ish. The rear springs are what you'll notice most though, and I'm not solid on what the stock shocks can handle in rebound. Nobuseri (another owner on here) has used a progressive spring from RS-R (a "Ti2000" but I don't know which model exactly), thing sits beautifully but I don't know what the ride's like.

I went the coilover route and have 2.5K in the front (would like 3-3.5K) and 10.5K in the rear (used to have 15K but the rear end was going airborne), it's bumpy but fun
    I got 4kg/mm rears 6kg/mm front could trade rears if you want?

As for the spring rate on the front get a higher rated (3.5kg/mm helper spring)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    To answer Azmodon's question, I spec'd Sport Service RS-R's Ti2000 series of progressive springs for the current base model March in Japan, picture bellow (RS-R already provided a picture of the final result which helped seal the deal). I didn't bother specifying for the Nismo S version since the spring rates were stiffer.

Name:  k13_mc_d.jpg
Views: 1101
Size:  64.6 KB
    Current spring rate spec in lbs/inch
    Front, 143.35 lbs/inch
    &
    Rear, 251.43 lbs/inch
    Last edited by Nobuseri; 10-23-2017 at 10:05 PM.