Thread: Another Nissan scandal

Thanks

Another Nissan scandal

It only affects the Japanese Domestic Market but I thought I'd share this here.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20.../#.WdkoOGiPKUk

Thanks
    it could be worse.....
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    I read about that last week... odd story. "Not qualified" to do final inspections?

What's the final inspection?

I'm picturing that work station at the end of the assembly line where someone drives the cars on a dyno while and runs it through the gears, checks the signals, horn, brakes, etc.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I read about that last week... odd story. "Not qualified" to do final inspections?

What's the final inspection?

I'm picturing that work station at the end of the assembly line where someone drives the cars on a dyno while and runs it through the gears, checks the signals, horn, brakes, etc.
    It's definitely not so bad on the scandal spectrum. I watch a lot of NHK where they've been covering it.

Temporary workers and new employees essentially were performing the government regulated safety inspections without meeting the minimum amount of time employed or the required training.

They're playing it as a cost cutting scandal but I'd put money on it being directly related to Japan's aging workforce and worker shortage.

Thanks
    So it sounds more like a "technical scandal" than an actual scandal.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

20% sales hit

Unfortunately, it seems to be a technical scandal with actual effects:

(Reuters) - Japanese automaker Nissan Motor Co Ltd’s domestic sales for the Oct. 1 to Oct. 20 period plummeted 20 percent following recent allegations of misconduct in its inspection procedures, the Nikkei said.

[...]

Last week, the country’s second-largest automaker said it would halt production of domestic market vehicles at all six of its Japanese assembly plants to consolidate their inspection lines to comply with the country’s transport ministry requirements.
    From: Nissan's domestic sales drop after inspection scandal: Nikkei