Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any one running 17 rims and tires??

Thanks
    I believe 7.5" is about as wide as you can go without poking a bit, +40 at that point would also bring the inside of the tire as close as you would want to your suspension (8" @ +40 I can't say for sure as I'm not crawling under in this weather :P - but worst case you'd need a 5-10mm spacer, which doesn't help the poke issue). In corners even at 7.5" / +40, in turns, or while turning and hitting any kind of bump, might see the tires kiss the front wheel liner.

I forget where I posted the CAD drawings I did of our wheel wells and how tire sizes effect everything... but it's on here somewhere lol

TLR - 8" wide will very likely rub the fender and the wheel liner, at +40 it'd also come really close to a few other things in there.

If you want, grab a tape measure and see how far out from your current rim you want your tires, remember that the fender has a lip and mounting hardware that sticks in to the wheel well quite a bit (I can't measure these for you as they're no longer on my car lol). You'll also want to turn your wheel and stick your head in there, and measure the gap from the back of the rim to the suspension (and I'd suggest doing this to both sides since they're not always square). With those two you can really narrow down your max size (if that's what you're going for). If flushness is your only goal I'd say tend away from really wide rims, much easier to be a hair conservative and fix a "not flush enough" feeling with shims, than to replace everything.

... or end up doing what I did... grabbing monsters and then figuring out how to fix that mistake by chopping off a whole lot of stuff lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Azmodon For This Useful Post:

shrugsarefree (01-27-2020)

Thanks
    Yeah you're probably right about the 17x8's... I've got my heart set on a set of Rotiform LAS-R's though and they don't come any thinner than 8". Maybe I'll have to find something else... Ugh. Or I'll just make 'em fit like you did. Not the worst problem in the world to have though, is it?
    Name:  LAS_R_19x10_BLK_A1_1000.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  15.5 KB

Thanks
    You'd also have like an inch less poke than I did, so the worst case scenario would be detaching the 3-4 attachment points the liner has with the lip of the fender and either bending them up or cutting them off just so big bumps don't slam your rubber in to metal fingers. The liner itself is fairly rigid just due to its shape, and if you do see some scuff marks (take a test drive as soon as they're on) you can use a heat gun to press those areas out a bit.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Azmodon For This Useful Post:

shrugsarefree (01-27-2020)

Thanks
    i think im running 17x7 x 40 konig tantrums with 205 40 /17 with no problems at all
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    i think im running 17x7 x 40 konig tantrums with 205 40 /17 with no problems at all
    Hey, MrMicra any chance you could snap and post a few decent pics of how your setup currently sits?
    Like down the side of the car of the front and back wheels and maybe one of the front wheels turned full lock?
    Would be a huge help and much appreciated if you could find the time.

Thanks!

Thanks
    look on page 1 at the bottom...got the winter tires on at the the moment

2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!