Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soon to be micra owners. (Newfoundland)

Thanks

Soon to be micra owners. (Newfoundland)

Hi,

My wife and I are getting ready to go get our new white micra sr with red intensity package and a few other accessories.

We are stoked to get it. My wifes first car was a micra and as soon as she saw the ad on tv that was it. She wanted one.

We have some mods planned too. a set of H&R or Eibach lowering springs, I am thinking Eibach because of past experience with them, a set of konig black wheels with the red stripe to match the rest of the package in 17".

Have cool little car that's great on gas. Im starting a new business and driving this car instead of my lifted Jeep will help us save a lot of money on gas alone. We will more than double our car payment on gas savings. ha ha.

Can't wait to get it. Its in Sydney NS right now. We are going up to get it asap!

Thanks
    Welcome, kojack!

Where are you located? "Going up to Sydney" tells me you're in N.S. somewhere. I lived briefly in Lunenburg and have done some sailing around the coast. (Including to Sydney.)

Another original Micra owner - that makes four or five on the forum now - I've lost count.

Did you go for the manual or auto?

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I am in Newfoundland. I am trading my 07 mazda 5 gt in on the micra. The two dealers here on the island gave me a price of 3000 and 1500 on trade. That is an insult. I called the next nearest dealer, Sydney NS, and they are giving me a fair price on my car. Thanks to Macdonald Nissan and their staff. Very helpful. I called on the weekend and they were very fast and friendly.

I am getting the auto. Im past rowing my car around. last one I had was in 2000. Done.

I will be making the car a little more "sporty" with lowering, swaybars, braces and 17" wheels.

Actually I just remembered we both had an original, hers was light blue and mine was burgundy.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Welcome to the site and congrats on the soon to be Micra! I can't wait to see pictures.

What other cars did you consider?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kojack View Post
    white micra sr with red intensity package
    So basically the opposite of the red car?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    yep. exactly.

Jeep renegade, jeep patriot. that's the other vechiles we were looking at. The micra, was my wifes first car ad now its available again and its the first car she's gone crazy over. We have had VWs, Cadillacs, Audi, merc, and more. Our latest car the 5 served us great. With our child from newborn until seven years old, it hauled us around everywhere. I have a jeep wrangler unlimited and chev suburban so road trip space and off road ability is not needed in our run about. We are looking for a small car with a fun look and drive, that's great on gas, have adequate room for two of us for road trips, and just an all around fun time in a car.

My Jeep and Suburban will haul our full family, but just for my wife and I we want a fun little car. the micra struck a chord with her and im happy to ablige.

Thanks
    here are the wheels we are getting as soon as the car is back on the rock.

http://www.carid.com/images/konig/wh...red-stripe.jpg

Thanks
    http://www.ozracing.com/images/produ...dlettering.png

Im gonna get these, always loved em, pretty ironic nissan used the same ones on their show car. Id be careful on the lowering, the car will become a wobble bubble if you drop it like its hot...i actually think 18" will fill in the wheel well snug and give it no room to be lowered unless u roll the wells out...its gonna be fun screwing with this thing! Make sure u post em pics asap. Lol MFClub!

Thanks
    I know....no dropping it like its hot here, its only 1" rear and 1.2 in the front. Pro Kit springs are awesome. I have modified a load of cars now. Mazda 5, subrau legacy GT, Acura Intregra, Honda accord, Honda Civic, Jeep Jk unlimited, Suburban. I am very meticulous about what I do. I am running 17's with a lower profile tire, so the overall diameter will be close to stock, and the eibach pro kit will just reduce the gap and give some increased spring rate, but not too much. More mini in its handling. no bouncing or anything like that. I never had an issue with any car I installed eibachs on. I have ridden in some cars with other springs and it was like driving a board.

And yes, photos will be up as soon as we get it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by en3rg1e View Post
    http://www.ozracing.com/images/produ...dlettering.png

Im gonna get these, always loved em, pretty ironic nissan used the same ones on their show car. Id be careful on the lowering, the car will become a wobble bubble if you drop it like its hot...i actually think 18" will fill in the wheel well snug and give it no room to be lowered unless u roll the wells out...its gonna be fun screwing with this thing! Make sure u post em pics asap. Lol MFClub!
    I think you will need some lowering because the stock springs leave quite a gap around the wheel wells. here are some quick numbers:

185 60 15 about 23.7'' outside diameter

185 55 16 about 23.98'' outside diameter

205 40 18 about 24.43'' outside diameter

So, the 18'' option gets you about 1/2'' taller tire (compared to the stock aluminum rims) which is good, but not enough to fill the wheel well properly IMO.

kojack, I would be interested to know which exact eibach spring kit you think might be best. I'm just looking to get it a little lower, not silly low LOL. I might even hold off until yourself or someone ''guinea pigs'' this and I can see some pics!

Cheers guys!

Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...