Thread: Yakima roof rack fitment is coming!

Thanks

Yakima roof rack fitment is coming!

As anyone who has looked into getting a roof rack knows. Thule is pretty much the only real option. As Yakima only offers a permanent rack installation which require drilling into the roof of the car. Not a viable option to me.

I own 2500$ worth of yakima attachements, which wont fit on the new aero bars from either thule or yakima. I could get the square bars with thule. But i find them faily loud and honestly hate the look. I can still get round bars with yakima. But refuse to do a permanent install

Long story short... After emailing the Yakima sale rep back and forth and them telling me because the car is not available in the USA. (I still cant figure how they have a fitment for their whispbar brand over sea and cant figure out the equivalent) Their fitting team cant do a fitment for a rack on a Micra.

I noticed their head office is a few min south from Portland... Since I regularly drive down there I suggested to bring my car to them. So tonight their "Fit Documents Administrator" contacted me. I am hoping to go down there in the next few weeks. Hopefully get some kind of deal on the rack since they'll be able to sell more racks in canada and mexico. Worst case scenario, Ill get it tax free.

Last edited by Chef Groleau; 09-01-2017 at 01:41 PM.