Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 Micra (USB problem)

Thanks
    My 2015 will hardly charge my phone on the usb.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by laj5126 View Post
    My 2015 will hardly charge my phone on the usb.
    Is this a new problem or one that was just noticed? Because typically USB slots in vehicles are only around 0.5 amps, which basically will only give it enough juice to slow down how fast the phone battery dies, let alone charge it up. Idealy you'd probably want to get a cigarette lighter (12V power supply) adapter or something with a USB plug that has a 2A or higher USB port. Essentially the higher the amps, the faster the charge
    Last edited by Richard; 01-10-2020 at 03:26 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Is this a new problem or one that was just noticed? Because typically USB slots in vehicles are only around 0.5 amps, which basically will only give it enough juice to slow down how fast the phone battery dies, let alone charge it up. Idealy you'd probably want to get a cigarette lighter (12V power supply) adapter or something with a USB plug that has a 2A or higher USB port. Essentially the higher the amps, the faster the charge
    This.

Even most cheap battery banks (especially dual usb port models) have a 1A port that won't charge a modern phone faster than it drains. Car tech is ancient for the most part and we have the cheapest car in Canada. I'm surprised USB is even an option.

I put a deck that supports FLAC in my Micra and it still has USB 1.1 with a potential interface speed of (1.5 - 12Mb/s) and it's too ****ty to read FLAC fast enough to play it even though the deck can decode it...

Thanks
    Mine too. I think that's pretty normal.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.4 L/100 km ... 38.0 mpg (Imp) ... 13.4 km/L ... 31.6 mpg (US) ...