Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where did you get your mud flaps from?

Senior Member Micra In The Mountains's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Micra In The Mountains View Post
    Canadian Tire Premier Fit plastic splash guards, $11.99 a pair (so about $24 for 4):

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/pr...8817p.html#srp

That was about 2 years ago when we first bought the Little Guy, so far they're doing a great job of protecting his underside from rock chips and other debris (we did some light off-roading with him in Death Valley in Feb 2017). They are still quite secure, no cracks or rips, a little dirty but hey they're splash guards...

My only complaint is that because they're rigid & not flexible, be careful what you're climbing over (scraped them a few times on curbs but they still haven't fallen off)...

We had one of the techs install them for us while Little Guy was up on the hoist for an oil change, used the existing pre-existing screw holes in the front fenders and drilled holes in the rear bumper for the back ones...
    ...2 years later: The Canadian Tire splash guards are still on! They haven't worked their way loose, and have protected Little Guy's bottom from all sorts of mud, snow, rocks & stones over a variety of dirt & gravel roads from the back roads of Saskatchewan to some light off-roading in the desert of Death Valley, California. One of the better $12 I've ever spent...

Name:  Little Guy 03_resize.jpg
Views: 1112
Size:  53.4 KB

Name:  Little Guy 11_resize.jpg
Views: 1173
Size:  53.9 KB

Last edited by Micra In The Mountains; 04-22-2019 at 11:11 AM.
    Nice!

Thanks
    So, I have the OEM mudflaps from Nissan, because I work at Nissan I got them for cheaper. But after having the car for two years I have decided to order some Rally Armour Mudflaps. I am excited and amused. I ordered them today (02/28/2020), they are supposed to arrive next week and then I am going to install them the next change I can get.

Thanks
    Canadian Tire. I did both the mud guards and the rustproofing.
    Corrosion Free treatment. Not cheap, though. I hope it's worth it.

Thanks
    I noticed all the after market ones I can find, have cavities in them on the side that faces the wheel. Do the OEM ones also have this, or are they flat on that side? It seems like those cavities would fill up with slush and snow as well no? Sorry, I've never even looked into mud guards before, but after reading some threads here I think they would be useful.

Also to anyone with the after market ones, do they also come with the clips?

What would anyone suggest to do for any of the drilled holes regarding rust?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    My first post here, but I've been reading some great advice here for a couple years now. Hopefully someone still reads the old threads.

Anyway - I may have outsmarted myself a bit going to slightly wider summer tires, which now sit out almost an inch from the wheel wells. Of course, now I have streaks of mud painting the sides of the car. Does anyone know of any mudflaps that flare out a bit to cover the whole tire?

Thanks

Response

Quote Originally Posted by I hate nicknames View Post
    My first post here, but I've been reading some great advice here for a couple years now. Hopefully someone still reads the old threads.

Anyway - I may have outsmarted myself a bit going to slightly wider summer tires, which now sit out almost an inch from the wheel wells. Of course, now I have streaks of mud painting the sides of the car. Does anyone know of any mudflaps that flare out a bit to cover the whole tire?
    I am glad you asked! So I made a comment on here a while back about getting the OE ones. Well! I added on some Rally Armour Mud Flaps later on, you'll need the OEM rears to mount the Rally Armor ones but if you want I can post a photo of how mine currently look.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Myde View Post
    I am glad you asked! So I made a comment on here a while back about getting the OE ones. Well! I added on some Rally Armour Mud Flaps later on, you'll need the OEM rears to mount the Rally Armor ones but if you want I can post a photo of how mine currently look.
    That would be great. Where did you get the Rally Armor ones? The site I found has nothing Nissan specific.

Last edited by I hate nicknames; 05-03-2021 at 06:36 PM. Reason: typo