Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Floor mats to prevent salt stains?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Durham Region, Ontario
    Posts
    107
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts

    Floor mats to prevent salt stains?

    As a new owner of a 2015 micra SV, is it worth it to get all season mats? I need something to prevent salt staining, but not sure what to look at.



  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Yukon
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 39 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayward_0ne View Post
    As a new owner of a 2015 micra SV, is it worth it to get all season mats? I need something to prevent salt staining, but not sure what to look at.
    Weathertech! I wish I didn't have the OEM all-weather mats so I could justify buying them lol. Maybe next winter..
    http://www.weathertech.ca/en/nissan/...er-digitalfit/

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Durham Region, Ontario
    Posts
    107
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts
    Can I ask the approx. cost?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Yukon
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 39 Times in 30 Posts
    C'mon man, it's literally listed right below it on the site link in CAD.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    318
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 38 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spacewolf View Post
    C'mon man, it's literally listed right below it on the site link in CAD.
    No seriously, how much? lol.

    I got Nissan/Weather techs in my 17' and love them. I had WT in other vehicles and never regretted it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    123
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 29 Times in 16 Posts
    Weather Tech front and back
    $ 268.90
    Price includes freight
    http://www.weathertech.ca/en/nissan/2015/micra/

    I do say they are not laser measured but do cover a lot of area. On the front mats near the seat I find the lip not tall enough and the water/salt will pour out on the the carpet when accelerating. I used papers, cardboard and anything else that absorbs water so then it doesn't splash at the back of the mats on to the floor carpet. These absorbent pads can be easily thrown out or recycled. As for the back mat find the edges closest to the back seat to curl forward. WeatherTech told me to heat them up with a hair dryer to bend them back. It didn't work. I ended up taking a heat gun and folded the suckers inverted. I think this was a little too much as I started melting the rubber plastic

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...


  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Yukon
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 39 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgoedhard View Post
    Weather Tech front and back
    $ 268.90
    Price includes freight
    http://www.weathertech.ca/en/nissan/2015/micra/

    I do say they are not laser measured but do cover a lot of area. On the front mats near the seat I find the lip not tall enough and the water/salt will pour out on the the carpet when accelerating. I used papers, cardboard and anything else that absorbs water so then it doesn't splash at the back of the mats on to the floor carpet. These absorbent pads can be easily thrown out or recycled. As for the back mat find the edges closest to the back seat to curl forward. WeatherTech told me to heat them up with a hair dryer to bend them back. It didn't work. I ended up taking a heat gun and folded the suckers inverted. I think this was a little too much as I started melting the rubber plastic
    You should take some pics of the fitment on yours for the rest of us here

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    123
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 29 Times in 16 Posts
    Name:  IMG_20170822_164152.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  94.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_20170822_164218.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  96.7 KBName:  IMG_20170822_164204.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  96.2 KBName:  IMG_20170822_164214.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  96.8 KBName:  IMG_20170822_164233.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  95.5 KB

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...


  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Yukon
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 39 Times in 30 Posts
    Amazing response time on those pics haha! Fitment doesn't look as good as I expect from them. You could try velcro on the back ones to get them to sit better? That's what I have done with a strip of the weathertech matting in the back of my truck. It was bent up from storage/shipping. Sits nice and snug now but I've had them for two years.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    123
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 29 Times in 16 Posts
    I've had mine for just over two years as well. Might as well just dip the whole car in linex


        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •