Thread: If you bought the base model - how would you modify/customize it and why?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

If you bought the base model - how would you modify/customize it and why?

Hi All,

Just wanted to get the juices flowing, everyone is excited about this car, and I thought I would get a discussion going on how people would want to customize their Micra! I put a cap at $2,000 as this is a reasonable amount, if you have more money go for it, this to me is an amount enough to get decent mods

Doesn't matter what model really that you like, but I am interested in hearing/reading what people would do to 'have their way' with the micra!

Assumption:

1. Without the car in hand, I assume there will be sufficient supply and availability of these aftermarket goods
    2. In no way am I implying anything I am changing is of inferior quality, just my list of prefernces

I'll start:

1. A set of lighter wheels and performance tires - for looks and a fun drive!
    2. Turbo - self explanatory
    3. Carbon Fibre hood - to lighten the load.

What's on your wish list??

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pr@j View Post
    Hi All,

Just wanted to get the juices flowing, everyone is excited about this car, and I thought I would get a discussion going on how people would want to customize their Micra! I put a cap at $2,000 as this is a reasonable amount, if you have more money go for it, this to me is an amount enough to get decent mods

Doesn't matter what model really that you like, but I am interested in hearing/reading what people would do to 'have their way' with the micra!

Assumption:

1. Without the car in hand, I assume there will be sufficient supply and availability of these aftermarket goods
    2. In no way am I implying anything I am changing is of inferior quality, just my list of prefernces

I'll start:

1. A set of lighter wheels and performance tires - for looks and a fun drive!
    2. Turbo - self explanatory
    3. Carbon Fibre hood - to lighten the load.

What's on your wish list??

Yeah, A set of RPF1's with nice tires would be great. Turbo? Bleh. Too much modification, voiding warranty, plumbing complications for my taste. And I Despise CF panels on a car like this. Looks way too ricer for me. It's already an aluminum hood and that's more than fine.

I wanna lower on stiffer springs with good tires and wheels. The rest I want is Chassis reinforcement.

Thanks
    ^
    If you replace the springs and/or wheels on the car, obviously the replaced parts are off warranty. My question is, do any parts adjacent to the replace parts lose their warranty when attached to a non-stock part? Say, for example, would the warranty of the rest of the suspension still apply if you put in non-oem springs?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    ^
    If you replace the springs and/or wheels on the car, obviously the replaced parts are off warranty. My question is, do any parts adjacent to the replace parts lose their warranty when attached to a non-stock part? Say, for example, would the warranty of the rest of the suspension still apply if you put in non-oem springs?
    Depends on how they interact.

For instance, springs wont void the valve-train. But it would void control arms. Wouldn't bother me if it voided a bushing or two. Anything it added stress to.

It's really on the manufacturer to try and prove something you did voided it. Should not be an issue.

Thanks
    I'm more of an efficiency enthusiast than a speed/handling enthusiast. So I'd probably go for "eco-mods" that would improve efficiency. E.G. add-ons to reduce aero drag (lowering springs would do this, btw), or increase the gearing of the manual transmission (like a taller final drive, if one's available from a compatible transmission).

A topic for a later thread. Carry on with "traditional mods" discussion.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Im gonna lower by 1 inch in the back and maybe 1.2 inch in the front...add a strut bar in the hood and probally get bucket seats...would be sick

Thanks
    Air and cruise.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...