Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What car did your Micra replace? Trade-in, sold, or none of the above?

Thanks
    A 2010 Hyundai accent hatchback GLS 5 SPD, and don't miss it one bit

Thanks
    spacewolf: is your Golf lifted?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_k13 View Post
    My Micra does have a lot of rattle but only when the interior is cold
    This is common. Components shrink when they get cold, opening small gaps that permit rattling.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    spacewolf: is your Golf lifted?
    It most certainly is! Good eye haha.

It's on Passat Wagon VR6 springs with new struts for that winter beater/Yukon ground clearance
    It's got just under 9" of ground clearance at the oil pan (for comparison that's what a Jeep Renegade Trailhawk edition has). The suspension needed replacement and oil pan guards for those are like $300...

It only cost $230 for brand new struts, springs, motor mounts, LCAs, tie rod ends and ball joints. The low cost of replacement parts and not having to give a f#$% are probably the only things I'll miss about it lol.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to spacewolf For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-16-2017)

Thanks
    That's amazingly cheap for parts.

Are you going to lift the Micra?? Probably have to be a pioneer in figuring it out, if you are thinking about it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ABMicra17 View Post
    My 2017 Micra is replacing a 2006 Ford Fusion SE, 153k
    That's low kms for the year.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    That's amazingly cheap for parts.

Are you going to lift the Micra?? Probably have to be a pioneer in figuring it out, if you are thinking about it.
    That was without shipping but even still, dirt cheap.

I've thought about lifting the Micra but i'm going to put wheels and tires from my acura on it next year after upgrading them. Should have it sitting a little higher and flush with the fenders. It doesn't really make sense to do anything until I start to see some wear on the stock suspension though. Stock ride quality is pretty great IMO.

Thanks
    Replaced me taking the bus, bugging my parents for rides to work, soccer, the train and friends places LOL Its my first car and so far I LOVE it. No complaints. We will see what happens when winter comes though. Looking into winter tires now to see if I can find used or cheap ones for this winter.

Thanks
    My micra was a replacement for my 2011 JK Unlimited wrangler. It was lifted with 33 inch tires, all the off road fixin's and used in the back country for 198000kms. It was used hard off road ALOT. It was time to either get another jeep.....or....since we have a jeep patriot as well, turn that into our new back country explorer and get something very fuel efficient and small. We loved the micra and had planned on trading our mazda 5 on one a year previous. But the deal came up when I got a chance to even swap my jeep with 198,000 kms on it....for a 2015 micra with 6000 kms on it. I jumped on that deal and we have been happy owners ever since. We only had one issue where the stock pilot tires dry rotted quickly. A new set of tires were installed under manu. warranty. Other than that we have been using it very regularly. We are taking a road trip this morning for an over nighter. I will have some pictures when I get back!

The other great thing, is that if we did the same trip in my Jeep, it would cost us 60-75 dollars in gas, where as with the micra we are looking at 20-24 dollars...ha ha! LOVE THIS LITTLE CAR.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kojack View Post
    The other great thing, is that if we did the same trip in my Jeep, it would cost us 60-75 dollars in gas, where as with the micra we are looking at 20-24 dollars...ha ha! LOVE THIS LITTLE CAR.
    Sounds like you got an awesome trade deal!

We picked up a 2010 Ridgeline in 2015 for our recreational vehicle up here in the Yukon and for my partners daily driver (replaced a 2002 Sportage). Now that we've got a micra we're looking at doing all of our road trips and camping in it instead for 1/3 the price of gas as well! It's awesome. I can drive it spiritedly around town and still get great mpg and have a tonne of fun getting from A to B.