Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2" Kakimoto stainless Steel Exhaust

Thanks

Question

Since the axle-back of the GTbox 06&S series differs greatly from the stock traditional end, the requirement of a special extra hanger is needed to be installed. Thankfully this isn't custom job and Kakimoto provides the kit at no extra charge with an OEM rubber hanger. The instructions clearly reveal where to install it on the stock frame (no drilling required).

Hello, I知 thinking about buying this catback also and I知 just wondering if you ordered from the nengun website and if the kit came with the extra rubber hanger setup or did you have to email them and get it sent separately? Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VanIsleMicra View Post
    Since the axle-back of the GTbox 06&S series differs greatly from the stock traditional end, the requirement of a special extra hanger is needed to be installed. Thankfully this isn't custom job and Kakimoto provides the kit at no extra charge with an OEM rubber hanger. The instructions clearly reveal where to install it on the stock frame (no drilling required).

Hello, I’m thinking about buying this catback also and I’m just wondering if you ordered from the nengun website and if the kit came with the extra rubber hanger setup or did you have to email them and get it sent separately? Thanks
    Hi, No i did not order from "Nengun", I got this strait from Kakimoto through a special order since I have an address in japan, kakimoto only sells within the country. All other ways are imported by third party dealers. I cannot 100% guarantee you'll get the bracket, but if it's new in the original box you should.

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nobuseri View Post
    Hi, No i did not order from "Nengun", I got this strait from Kakimoto through a special order since I have an address in japan, kakimoto only sells within the country. All other ways are imported by third party dealers. I cannot 100% guarantee you'll get the bracket, but if it's new in the original box you should.
    Thanks for the quick response I appreciate that, here is the link to the site I知 thinking of ordering from https://www.nengun.com/kakimoto-racing/gt-box-06s
    Tell me what you think, everything seems quite legit and I really want to get that catback I emailed them yesterday asking about the bracket and hanger hoping they say it痴 included fingers crossed 🤞🏻

Thanks
    part# seems right, you should be ok, bracket comes with it if it's new and sealed in the box.

Thanks
    Thanks for the input, I知 super excited to purchase and install this exhaust I think it sounds just amazing and I already have the short ram intake ordered just waiting on it to arrive

Thanks
    I paid about $1,200 including freight, this price varies, depending where and how you end up sourcing it.

WOA....thats like 1/10 the price of the car ?....what are the options in the 120$ range ?....lol

but it does sound amazing....
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    1233$ Is what mine is gonna cost including everything except I知 sure when it comes to my door it値l have a hefty duty charge and whatnot

Something tells me for 120$ you can get a fartcan muffler that won稚 sound very good hahaha sometimes you gotta make the money sacrifice for more smiles per hour

Thanks
    it does sound amazing ....
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Looks and sounds great!
    Anyone have the part number for the stock resonator pipe or know where to get one?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Speg View Post
    Looks and sounds great!
    Anyone have the part number for the stock resonator pipe or know where to get one?
    We are going to assume the flange where the resonator connects(mid vehicle roughly) has "rusted away..." this is pretty common..one answer is to delete the flange and just get the pipes welded...the entire rest of the exhaust system probably has alot of total life left in it

2015 Micra S (manual)
    Feb 2015 build