Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nissan Micra Rear Spoiler

Thanks

Nissan Micra Rear Spoiler

Factory rear spoiler question.
    It looks to me like the ''factory'' rear spoiler and the available ''accessory'' rear spoilers are two different designs. I prefer the look of the ''factory'' version that comes with the upgrade models and I assume I could order that part. Wondering if anyone knows if it comes painted or just primed as is often the case?
    Maybe my good pal nintu might know?

EDIT: maybe I posted too soon. Just flipped through the brochure again and I see they are all black regardless of body colour and that now leads me to believe they would come black (either painted or molded in)

Last edited by aftica; 05-10-2014 at 06:14 PM.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aftica View Post
    Factory rear spoiler question.
    It looks to me like the ''factory'' rear spoiler and the available ''accessory'' rear spoilers are two different designs. I prefer the look of the ''factory'' version that comes with the upgrade models and I assume I could order that part. Wondering if anyone knows if it comes painted or just primed as is often the case?
    Maybe my good pal nintu might know?

EDIT: maybe I posted too soon. Just flipped through the brochure again and I see they are all black regardless of body colour and that now leads me to believe they would come black (either painted or molded in)
    Yeah. Even the SR get's black ones since it's trimmed that way. Could always get a body shop to color match it. I'm handy with a spray gun.

Thanks
    I've also got a spoiler related question in to Nissan... what's its effect on aerodynamics? Or is it just cosmetic? (Many new cars have 'roofline extensions' tha look like this which actually reduce drag and save a bit of gas.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    That I have no idea. The brochure shows no difference between S, SV and SR Co-efficiencies. Would have to come from Nissan corporate or somebody with a wind tunnel.

Thanks
    The word from Nissan's Micra expert is: the stock spoiler is cosmetic.

Also, he said the optional spoiler is slightly different from the stock SR spoiler, upturned a bit. I haven't seen it. That would increase drag slightly.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Daox (05-15-2014)

Thanks
    I noticed the spoiler is not on the site anymore. anyone have the P/N on it? I thought the design was different than the stock SR one. The amount of increase in the drag will have no effect on the gas mileage of the car. Now if it was one of those aircraft style dumb spoilers yes, this little flip up, no.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kojack View Post
    I noticed the spoiler is not on the site anymore. anyone have the P/N on it? I thought the design was different than the stock SR one. The amount of increase in the drag will have no effect on the gas mileage of the car. Now if it was one of those aircraft style dumb spoilers yes, this little flip up, no.
    Just noticed your post. Yeah, I can't see it on the site either. This Pt# K60501HB0H is from an overseas site. You are correct that the design is quite different from the SR spoiler. IMO the SR spoiler looks much better, but I would guess the accessory spoiler is designed to be much easier to install, if that is a concern.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I think the accessory spoiler is also designed to preserve visibility of the centermounted brake light on the hatchback. But the LED light is incorporated into the SR spoiler.

Thanks
    Hi there I'm from South Africa and we never got the SR spoiler here

Would anyone be able to get one for me I'll even pay for shipping

Thanks

Thanks
    Shipping costs from Canada would make it too expensive!

What's the closest country to you that has the equivalent SR trim spoiler? Or you could go aftermarket - the Micra/March is much more popular to modify in Thailand and parts would be cheaper.