Thread: Iphone via USB experience

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Iphone via USB experience

Hello all,
    For those of you with an Iphone, I'm just wondering if the stereo in your Micra recognizes it when connected via USB? My Iphone 6Plus would function quite well when plugged in via USB, and acted as if it was an 'Ipod'(which will severely date the car for specifying this, IMO). My new phone, an Iphone 6, does not get recognized as an Ipod, and needs to be plugged in via 1/8" aux chord.
    Not crucial, but it is nice to have the ability to see whats playing and change tracks without looking at the phone. it would seem fairly short-sighted to me if Nissan honestly used a stereo with a feature that was only good for already outdated and unused (for the most part) technology. Really, who has a dedicated Ipod in this day and age.

Thanks
    That's Apple for you, and why I would never own one. I dumped all my music on a USB drive, and that still works fine, thanks to open standards, something Apple hates and only adopts begrudgingly.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

ptbo micra (04-18-2017)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    So, after doing some googling (which I probably should have done first and foremost), I've discovered the simple solution. Since I do not use Apple for my music, or their player to play my music, I removed the "music" app from my device. Apparently this is a requirement for the audio system to recognize the player as a music device.
    Installed the App, can now play via GoogleMusic etc just as before. I did see some people saying they needed to have at least 1 song in the music app, but that has not been my experience.
    Cheers.

Thanks
    I am having difficulty getting my iphone to work properly via USB. How did you get Googlemusic to work? I uninstalled the music app and it still wont work. Any help will be great.