Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving on: 2017 Sentra turbo

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyyCarter View Post
    Anyone looking for some 17" konigs, let me know!
    For your old Micra? I'm looking for some wheels and tires for it currently.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    Can we make a section for Sentra in here plz admins
    I know it's a micra forum but maybe if there enough traffic it would warrant the split to 2 forum under 1 umbrella forum ? There definitely some cool mr16ddt mods.. could transition well to the Sentra.. just sayin..
    I made a new section for "Other Nissans" under off-topic.

(Thanks to ptbo for that suggestion.)

I'm pretty sure there must be a dedicated Sentra forum out there. But we know people like to talk about their other Nissans, so it makes sense to have a section for it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I made a new section for "Other Nissans" under off-topic.

(Thanks to ptbo for that suggestion.)

I'm pretty sure there must be a dedicated Sentra forum out there. But we know people like to talk about their other Nissans, so it makes sense to have a section for it.
    Thx ptbo

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I'm curious what got you guys into the 2017 Sentra, it's a pretty slick looking rig but it's essentially a slightly heavier sedan with a juke engine. In terms of its class it seems to fall behind its competitors in most categories (with the exception of the corolla *yawn*). Did you consider other cars in the same class (if so what ones) or was it mostly based on trade in value with Nissan and brand loyalty?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to spacewolf For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-20-2017)

Thanks
    I'd be interested in hearing responses too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I'd be interested in hearing responses too.
    When I got a quote for financing I got $5k in discounts bringing the total loan to $25k

It has nice creature comforts but I felt it was a little under powered. Wish there was the 215hp version like the nismo juke.

I decided to mod my micra engine and get a higher power/weight ratio.

I'm also interested in the Nissan pulsar GTI-R with Renault 2.0l turbo engine. But it's still in production
    And nothing about a final release date or specs. Probably not until 2019-2020

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    The Micra base model had to go for its engine knock, no creature comforts, resale value.

I bought the Sentra base model for a couple of reasons. The Sentra is huge compared to the Micra. The car should be listed in mid size not small cars. Base model has no air conditioning, didn't want that, already have a 2nd car for air conditioning. Has cruise control, power windows, power trunk, a huge trunk, a lot nicer cloth interior, a slightly larger engine and getting 6.1 in the city already with only 300 miles on it. The car is peppy when using the Sport button, can actually squeal the tires, and I bought it because this engine isn't known for knocking and it has a standard 6 speed manual transmission which I am finding is a lot smoother and solid than the standard on the Micra was. Can't say I changed because of Brand loyalty, or the lower ratings compared to competitors because I went to the same dealership I don't like and gave a past crappy rating, and as for competitors I ignore most ratings and shied away from my usual love of Chrysler cars due to really bad ratings on transmissions, and had the dealership not had the manual Sentra I would have gone elsewhere since they have the same bad ratings on automatic transmissions.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eddy View Post
    The Micra base model had to go for its engine knock, no creature comforts, resale value.

I bought the Sentra base model for a couple of reasons. The Sentra is huge compared to the Micra. The car should be listed in mid size not small cars. Base model has no air conditioning, didn't want that, already have a 2nd car for air conditioning. Has cruise control, power windows, power trunk, a huge trunk, a lot nicer cloth interior, a slightly larger engine and getting 6.1 in the city already with only 300 miles on it. The car is peppy when using the Sport button, can actually squeal the tires, and I bought it because this engine isn't known for knocking and it has a standard 6 speed manual transmission which I am finding is a lot smoother and solid than the standard on the Micra was. Can't say I changed because of Brand loyalty, or the lower ratings compared to competitors because I went to the same dealership I don't like and gave a past crappy rating, and as for competitors I ignore most ratings and shied away from my usual love of Chrysler cars due to really bad ratings on transmissions, and had the dealership not had the manual Sentra I would have gone elsewhere since they have the same bad ratings on automatic transmissions.
    Sorry to hear about your knocking issues! It makes sense why you upgraded and a 6th gear would definitely be nice..

The only thing that makes me question my purchase is the gearbox. It's pretty rough compared to my Hondas and most new cars are coming with 6 speeds. However, I'd take a better designed/smoother transmission over a 6th gear if those were the only options.

I wouldn't touch a Chrysler/Fiat if they were 50% off at 0% interest. No offense but their quality, reliability and ratings are so bad these days it's insane. Everything based off the Fiat, dodge dart, renegade line is junk.

Gimme an older jeep with their bulletproof inline 6 any day though

Quote Originally Posted by spacewolf View Post
    Sorry to hear about your knocking issues! It makes sense why you upgraded and a 6th gear would definitely be nice..

The only thing that makes me question my purchase is the gearbox. It's pretty rough compared to my Hondas and most new cars are coming with 6 speeds. However, I'd take a better designed/smoother transmission over a 6th gear if those were the only options.

I wouldn't touch a Chrysler/Fiat if they were 50% off at 0% interest. No offense but their quality, reliability and ratings are so bad these days it's insane. Everything based off the Fiat, dodge dart, renegade line is junk.

Gimme an older jeep with their bulletproof inline 6 any day though
    The Sentra has 3 transmissions
    1. Cvt
    2. 7 speed auto with sport shift
    3. 6 speed MT

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    The Sentra has 3 transmissions
    1. Cvt
    2. 7 speed auto with sport shift
    3. 6 speed MT
    That was my point lol. 6 speed on the Sentra is a nice upgrade and would be nice to have on the micra but I'd take a smoother gearbox on the hr16de over a 6th gear if that were the only option.