Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future owner questions.

Thanks

Question Future owner questions.

Hello everybody,

My wife and i have ordered a 2017 micra S. My questions are, the car hasnt even been built yet so how long should it take to be built and delivered in Vancouver.

Second question is, the base model only comes with 2 speakers but do the rear doors have space for speakers in the door?

Third question is, is there a dash kit to install an aftermarket double din stereo?

Thanks.

Thanks
    The dealer should be able to tell you the estimated delivery date. As for the rear speakers there is space and the speaker grill is all ready in place. I havent checked on mine yiet, but I am hoping that its prewired all ready. As for the aftermarket double din. I just replaced the whole dash trim around the radio / climate control with the trim from a 2015 versa. With the dash trim fit being identical. It only make sence the aftermarket double din should be the same as the one in the Versa. Thats what ill be ordering soon.

If you go to a stereo shop they wont even find a listing for the Micra.

Thanks
    hello there

first answer it depend from one manufacturer to an other it can take 1 month like you can wait 3 month

second answer. the hole should be there just remove the rear door panel and look i'm pretty sure that you can simply install 2 speaker and that you should be pre-wired for 4 speaker

third answer

the versa note dash kit from metraonline is a direct bolt-on you need the dash kit, the quick-connect if you want an easy job and the antenna adapter since we do not have and regular antenna connection

ps: i already try the versa note dash kit,quick connect and antenna adapter and it fit. im still waiting to get a nice radio

4. The Following User Says Thank You to n15sk4 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-10-2017)

Thanks
    Have they changed the 2017 model's speakers? I have a 2015 S model & mine has 4 speakers...all 4 are in the doors.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to YodaMicra For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-10-2017)

Thanks
    I'm actually pleasantly surprised how the complete audio system sounds in the Micra. I mean it's not high-end audio, but it's pretty good considering the segment!
    First car: 1984 silver Nissan Micra
    Current car: 2016 Gun Metallic Nissan Micra SV

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by YodaMicra View Post
    Have they changed the 2017 model's speakers? I have a 2015 S model & mine has 4 speakers...all 4 are in the doors.

Yes according to the 2017 Nissan Micra brochure the S model only comes with 2 speakers, the SV and SR come with 4.

Also the 2017 S model doesnt come with a block heater or Chrome inside door handles.
    Last edited by jordan2110; 03-06-2017 at 12:20 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jordan2110 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-10-2017)

Thanks
    Having a 2017 micra s my self, i can say for sure it only have 2 front speakers and no rear speakers....yet. Ill be fixing that soon

Thanks
    I have a 2015 S (base model, manual) and it came factory with 4 speakers and block heater, i checked i had rear speakers last week and was suprised because its not SUPPOSE to have rear speakers. (i wanted to make sure at least the wiring was there)
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMicra2015 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-10-2017)

Thanks
    Like myself and a few others have done, to get the best sound from the rear speakers I would suggest creating a speaker panel in place of the hatch cover. the rear speaker placement is sub-par as it faces almost directly into the seats.

Thanks
    Speaker placement doesnt matter much when you run 1000 watts