Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The truth about financing

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aftica View Post
    Hello, some numbers you have wrong.
    0% Not sure where you are getting this number, I never mentioned it.
    4.9% Everyone is saying the actual rate is 5.9%
    $4700 interest. I never said that, but you mistakenly think I did.
    you claim about $1500 interest. No, it's about $1638.
    etc...

You can hardly call me ridiculously ignorant when I am the one that sees past Nissan's marketing campaign, that you are so desperately jumping through hoops to justify.
    Huh? I never claimed Micra was 4.9. If I did, it was a mis-understanding. I use it as an imaginary bank rate.
    $1638 interest, yes I said "Around 1500" interest. If you're not being pedantic you'd agree.
    "At 5.9% over even just 4yrs your elcheapo Ten Grand Tin Can just cost you close to 15K (14,720) LOL!!!!!!"
    Contextually, you were using this argument to compare "ten grand" to 14,720 because of 5.9. Where I was clarifying only "About 1500" is actual interest. Where the same loan over 1.9 on a non-base model you pay around 600 in interest.. So the difference between the 2 offered rates is about 1100 over the term you provided.

Okay, looking at it this way, it's 2,598 difference between S and SV. Exactly what we'd expect the spread to be for the options. For me atleast. Except once again, the benefit of taking a non-subvented rate means that financing at 9998 at the offered rate is better and has potential to save you more money than if you take the base model at 1.9%

Again, you're the type of customer who its easier to say "okay, we'll give you 1.9% on the base model." Since they refuse to accept the alternative saves them money, just charge them and sleep well at night knowing you did everything possible to help them save money. I'm a sales consultant. I don't care if you finance at 10% or 1.9%. I'm just here to give you the best advice for buying my car because if I break it down in a way where I can save you money in a way, you're a little more likely to purchase because I saved you money. Honesty sells me more cars than any crooked sales person.

And I'm only jumping through hoops because you live in a circus. I'm actually pretty certain you're trolling me at this point though. I actually thought you were my colleague who's also buying a micra, trolling me from 3 offices down. lol

Thanks
    I don't consider it being pedantic, because you have to keep the numbers tight at this end of the scale. Much like the $9998 campaign itself: they can't really afford it, or they would offer they same financing rate that they can on the slightly more expensive trim level. Profit margins are slim. At the same time, from the bottom looking up, that $14720 does kinda look like 15K.

If you think I am just a troll setting up hoops for you in my circus...why indulge me? Let it go man. People will decide on their own whether or not the campaign is kinda slimy in its own right or just another sleaze ball gimmick in a long line of them from all car companies/dealers.

Again I will state that I think it is actually a brilliant strategy. Not perfect though.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    After listening to 129 cars, I have an appreciation on how precarious it is to work in sales at a car dealership. I can't say I blame them for behaving as they do.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    After listening to 129 cars, I have an appreciation on how precarious it is to work in sales at a car dealership. I can't say I blame them for behaving as they do.
    I could definitely write a book. lol. Nobody gets treated with as much disrespect because of our history. Now everything is regulated, margins are slim, product is great and the internet exists, so there's full transparancy.

Yet, people still walk in and you wouldn't believe what we hear on a daily basis. The internal saying is "buyers are liars."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nintu View Post
    Yet, people still walk in and you wouldn't believe what we hear on a daily basis. The internal saying is "buyers are liars."
    It's easier to lie to someone if you believe they're out to cheat you.

Full disclosure, I never gave my salesman a hard time. I asked for the cash purchase price up front, and it was the same as the finance price. I asked for trade in value for my car, and he pretty much admitted that, at the price of the Micra, I'd get scrap value (though not in so many words). He didn't even try to sell me on the frilly "Upgrades," like the cheap plastic they stick on the mirrors or an extended warranty; it was the finance person who tried to peddle the extended warranty scam.

Salespeople are human beings, just like us. I believe that people will treat us as we treat them. Consumers want the cheapest price, vendors want the biggest dollar, and we both need to see eye to eye to make our world turn.

"For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool
    By making his world a little colder" - McCartney and Lennon

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    It's easier to lie to someone if you believe they're out to cheat you.

Full disclosure, I never gave my salesman a hard time. I asked for the cash purchase price up front, and it was the same as the finance price. I asked for trade in value for my car, and he pretty much admitted that, at the price of the Micra, I'd get scrap value (though not in so many words). He didn't even try to sell me on the frilly "Upgrades," like the cheap plastic they stick on the mirrors or an extended warranty; it was the finance person who tried to peddle the extended warranty scam.

Salespeople are human beings, just like us. I believe that people will treat us as we treat them. Consumers want the cheapest price, vendors want the biggest dollar, and we both need to see eye to eye to make our world turn.

"For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool
    By making his world a little colder" - McCartney and Lennon
    Yeah pretty much. Do I try to sell the accessories? Hell no. I don't make any money on it and it complicates everything(Not figuritively. I mean I literally make 0 money from accessories. Parts department does). I will absolutely help you buy them if you want them, but It doesn't help me at all.

Extended warranty is not inherently a scam. Of the 4 Business (finance) managers I know, 3 of them own extended warranties on their cars and paid good money for them. Some places mark up the HELL out of it. That's scammy as heck. Yes, we need to make a profit to keep the lights, but we work with less margins than every where else you shop. Jewelry, groceries, tvs, furniture, have anywhere from 50% to 1200% to mark-up where modern Import dealers work with 3-7%. That's why some old-style groups still exist that insist on crazy fees and marked up products to still turn ridiculous profits.

I just love when a customer walks in and has automated responses to my questions.

"do you have any questions?"
    "No. What kind of mpg does this get?" What do you mean no?

Or when a woman drives in on a rainy morning in a rental car, gets a stroller out of the trunk, takes 5 minutes putting the kid in it, starts walking around the lot.
    "Hey, do you want an umbrella? We have the same cars inside where it's dry."
    "No, i'm just looking really. "
    Like ya, that's fine, look inside where it's dry, we're not going to attack you. lol

Thanks
    I created this image to help people to better understand 0% financing. Feel free to share.

Thanks
    Thanks for that man.

I think most guys understand 0% financing is a marketing ploy.

I, for one, was never asking for or about 0% financing in this thread or anywhere else and that is what my good pal nintu failed to grasp.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I commonly hear people go on about the great deal they had with 0% financing, believing they got the financing for free; when I ask them what the cash purchase price was, they look at me like I have two heads.

Thanks
    Wait a min here, ya ya we know about the financing and the micra bla bla bla....you had a commadore 64?!?!?! ........sweet!