Thread: 2016 SR Automatic

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2016 SR Automatic

Just purchased a brand new SR and after putting 1300K on it I think it's a decent little car. It's not exactly cheap at this trim so I do expect the car to perform.

Here are my impressions:

Value: AC, Power Windows, Locks, Steering Controls, Backup Cam, Intermittent wipers front/rear, and a decent Interior are well worth it. It's roomy and comes with decent wheels and tires. The engine is peppy.

Cons: it's not that great on gas. The rear suspension isn't great.

Issues: Brakes feel incredibly spongy and occasionally make odd sounds similar to a tuning fork. Transmission is clunky. Strange vibrations randomly occur when initially shifting into drive or revers with foot on brake.

Conclusion: The Micra is a decent little car but the higher trim is too expensive and appears to have issues. Vehicle looks great IMO but fuel economy isn't better than a Corolla S ! I would, however, recommend this vehicle but with some caution as to be aware of the issues I have discovered.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MicraNicra For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-17-2017)

Thanks
    Thanks for the review, and welcome to the forum!

Issues: Brakes feel incredibly spongy and occasionally make odd sounds similar to a tuning fork. Transmission is clunky. Strange vibrations randomly occur when initially shifting into drive or revers with foot on brake.
    I haven't seen either of these issues on the Micras I've driven.

Maybe worth a visit to the dealer?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...