Thread: Howdy - from a potential new Micra owner!

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Howdy - from a potential new Micra owner!

Hey folks!

Figured I would introduce myself, I go by Lauren and for some weird reason I am in love with the Micra

I work for a Nissan dealer north of Barrie, ON and we JUST received our first Micra on the lot (SR package) and my GOD I love it. I've yet to test drive this one, but it should be happening today!

I'm in the real debate of whether or not I want to trade in my existing vehicle (2010 Genesis Coupe w/99,000km) on a new Micra SR. I've had my Coupe for over 5 years and now that my commute has increased a bit from home to the dealership, I am feeling the wrath of fuel costs and not to mention things are starting to go wrong with my car now. Not to mention that I still owe another 2 - 2 1/2 years worth of payments on my car. So getting into a Micra will extend my payments for another year and a half, but hopefully I would save on insurance and fuel costs.

I'll definitely be lurking and reading everyone's thoughts on the Micra so far before I make a decision, and even though I'm in service at the Nissan dealer I work for, feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer them!

Lauren

Thanks
    Hi Lauren -

Genesis coupe, eh? Did you get the 4-cyl or V6? Auto or manual? Comparing the two, I wonder if a Micra has more usable interior space! (Though the Genesis is a nice looking car.)

Welcome to the forum.

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thanks for the welcome Darin!

The Genesis is the 2.0T 6-speed.

The Micra already has an advantage with a back seat haha. The only thing that fits in the coupe's back seat is my dog. Anyone over 5' will have neck injuries if they sit back there haha

I am so torn. I LOVE my car but the longer I have it the more I realize it's becoming more and more impractical for my lifestyle.

I'm really more concerned about fuel mileage and the costs to fuel the micra. Now that summer is here, the Genesis costs about $75 to fill and I get between 600-650km/tank