Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Micra cup exhaust

Thanks
    For now I just want to keep my stock diamater and just install the muffler, but want the option if I go bigger midpipe 2" it will fit, would that be a issue stock piping for now and a 2" inlet? And how much with the tip installed?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwarsdad View Post
    For now I just want to keep my stock diamater and just install the muffler, but want the option if I go bigger midpipe 2" it will fit, would that be a issue stock piping for now and a 2" inlet? And how much with the tip installed?
    Please email me
    rob@rawtekinc.com
    Rob Noiseux
    Operations
    Rawtek Performance

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by YodaMicra View Post
    I would be interested in this system and intake...if I had more concrete information. Especially real world numbers showing gains that are usable. I wish the Micra had more power, however, that being said I'm not about to drive from Vancouver, drop about 1000$ without some facts that show a definite improvement. Not anything too crazy, I'm sure I won't get a 200hp & 220ft/lb beast...but if it could get another 20-ish ft/lb torque I would consider it
    Also, keep in mind that an exhaust upgrade like this is proven across the board to increase power due to removed restrictions. And although we don't have concrete numbers, remember that the cup cars use this exact system, so it's gotta be good for something, right?!

Besides that you'll be changing the sound of your car and putting a 304 stainless exhaust and muffler guaranteed to hold up far better than the stock system to wear/tear/environmental abuse. All that for a 700$(edited- i am sorry as group buy rate is 695) exhaust (with group buy discount, plus taxes....) ain't too bad.

You, of course, will do however you please, I'm just pointing out a couple of things to take into consideration.

Best,
    Last edited by Rawtek; 03-27-2017 at 08:40 AM.
    Rob Noiseux
    Operations
    Rawtek Performance

Thanks
    I am talking to rawtek and they are trying to organize a group buy on the cat back system for the micra. I am willing to buy one of these systems. They say if they can get 5-10 people to buy a system they will charge less then 800$ and have free shipping to Canada. Is there anyone else besides me that would be in the market on buying a catback system next month with me?

Thanks
    I am considering the exhaust, especially if the group buy happens; I'd be a fool not to, any increase would be welcome & as rob said there, 600$ taxes & shipping isn't too bad. If it happens you can count me in ☺

Thanks
    Will it void factory warranty?

Thanks
    As far as I know it doesn't. Only voids it if you mess with the cats. But this system is from the cats back. At least that's what my dealer said. May be different for yours

Thanks
    Sounds great thanks!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawtek View Post
    Also, keep in mind that an exhaust upgrade like this is proven across the board to increase power due to removed restrictions. And although we don't have concrete numbers, remember that the cup cars use this exact system, so it's gotta be good for something, right?!

Besides that you'll be changing the sound of your car and putting a 304 stainless exhaust and muffler guaranteed to hold up far better than the stock system to wear/tear/environmental abuse. All that for a 600$ exhaust (with group buy discount, plus taxes....) ain't too bad.

You, of course, will do however you please, I'm just pointing out a couple of things to take into consideration.

Best,
    Are you able to show a few close up pictures of your weldments? Is this TIG welded? Also, what kind of details are expected from the weldments, scale pattern perhaps, etc.

Thanks
    Will the whole cat back be a lot louder than just the rawtek muffler.