Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you bought or test-driven a Micra? Post a review and tell us about it!

Thanks

Have you bought or test-driven a Micra? Post a review and tell us about it!

Mainstream car reviewers are over-represented by male gearheads with a tendency to focus on things that real-world motorists don't necessarily worry much about.

(For proof of this, just look at lists of top-selling vehicles in a particular category -- you'll find they're not often the journalists' top picks. EG. the Versa sedan is a perennial best-selling subcompact car in the States, yet it didn't generally get the "warmest" reception by the motoring press.)

That's what this sub-forum is for: reviews by forum members who have weighed the pros and cons and have actually put up their own hard-earned money to get one. (Or are considering getting one.)

So, please share your thoughts!

----

If you're wondering what to say, here's a road map you could follow:

Love at first...
    What was the main thing that caught your attention about the car?

Out with the old, in with the...
    What car will the Micra be replacing? What other vehicles did you seriously consider?

Job description
    How will your car be used: Daily commuter? Second car runabout? Long distance traveler? Swiss Army knife that must do everything?

Exterior features/styling
    What are your aesthetic & functional likes/dislikes? How did your family & friends react?

Interior features/styling
    More aesthetic & functional likes/dislikes? Is it a nice place to spend time? How's the space?

Equipment/options
    Your thoughts on the standard & optional goodies that came with the car? Anything you wish it had that it doesn't? Anything it has that you wish it didn't?

Driving
    What are your impressions behind the wheel? Around town? On the highway? Comfort, noise, steering, braking, parking?

Fuel economy
    Do you watch this, and if so is it delivering the numbers you hoped for?

Closing thoughts
    On a scale of 1 to 10, overall how happy are you with the car? What changes might really improve the car? Would you recommend it to friends & family?

Or feel free to present your impressions in your own style, and thanks for sharing.

Click here to post your own review: post new thread.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Love the car the most power for the class! The mistabishi mirage but its under powered and steering and body roll are not good the only thing its missing is the heated seat. The only thing i would change is where i bought it!!!! The dealership pissed me off i waited a month for the car that was suppose to already be in Alberta!! My baby was dirty and had someone lunch garbage in the car when i picked it up!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Seems to be a recurring theme... dealers annoying Micra buyers with "late" deliveries?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Just bumping this thread to invite new members to post a short review of your Micra if you're interested in sharing your impressions of the car and why you decided to go for it.

Click here to post your own review: post new thread.

Thanks
    Just bumping this thread as a reminder for other new members who might want to post a mini-review.

Thanks
    I did my test drive of a 2017 Micra SV(with 9 km's on it) yesterday and I love it. I live in a big city and I found it to be peppy, great on hills. Since that I do mainly highway driving in the early mornings to work that was a concern that I had being only a 1.6L engine. I did the highway speeds of 80-100 km/h and it was great. I ended up buying the Caspian Sea Blue with 15 km's on it after the test drive. From the outside it looked small. Once on the inside it was way bigger. My only gripe about the car is that the arm rest that gets ini the way of shifting(I got the 5spd). I think it's just going to take some getting use to is all.

It's my first Nissan and I love it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ABMicra17 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-14-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ABMicra17 View Post
    I did my test drive of a 2017 Micra SV(with 9 km's on it) yesterday and I love it. I live in a big city and I found it to be peppy, great on hills. Since that I do mainly highway driving in the early mornings to work that was a concern that I had being only a 1.6L engine. I did the highway speeds of 80-100 km/h and it was great. I ended up buying the Caspian Sea Blue with 15 km's on it after the test drive. From the outside it looked small. Once on the inside it was way bigger. My only gripe about the car is that the arm rest that gets ini the way of shifting(I got the 5spd). I think it's just going to take some getting use to is all.

It's my first Nissan and I love it.
    Nice! I just picked my 2017 SV up last week in gun metallic with 5MT as well. 300+kms on it in 5 days (it's only 8kms to the office) I'm trying really hard to break it in gently before I take it to redline haha. It just wants to go!

It feels really steady up until about 130km/h on the highway after that I start wishing for less dinky wheels lol.

I agree on the arm rest issue. I haven't used it once. I can see it only being viable on long highway drives in 5th but I bought the car for scooting around town. There's an aftermarket armrest that screws into the cupholder at the back of the console. Reviews and install pics are in the mods section. It looks like a decent upgrade.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spacewolf View Post
    Nice! I just picked my 2017 SV up last week in gun metallic with 5MT as well. 300+kms on it in 5 days (it's only 8kms to the office) I'm trying really hard to break it in gently before I take it to redline haha. It just wants to go!

It feels really steady up until about 130km/h on the highway after that I start wishing for less dinky wheels lol.

I agree on the arm rest issue. I haven't used it once. I can see it only being viable on long highway drives in 5th but I bought the car for scooting around town. There's an aftermarket armrest that screws into the cupholder at the back of the console. Reviews and install pics are in the mods section. It looks like a decent upgrade.
    I know right! I am trying to do it slow and wait for the break-in period to be over. I don't drive that much as it is but I am trying to drive as much as I can(city and highway) to where it's nice and easy. I've done just over 100 km's in 24 hours so I am going to try to have it done by the end of the month and get it out of the way.

This evening I put the arm up and it felt better driving, especially going from 2nd to 3rd. I am going to take a look at the centre console. Most of my vehicles have had it so I got use to it.

Did you find at higher speeds that there was engine or road noise? Or did it just get sketchy at 130 km/h?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ABMicra17 View Post
    Did you find at higher speeds that there was engine or road noise? Or did it just get sketchy at 130 km/h?
    Hoping to clock 1500-2000kms before I really start pushing the little guy.

The stock suspension is very firm, which I prefer. Road noise is pretty minimal at highway speeds IMO. I've also noticed the sound system is substantially quieter outside of the vehicle than all of my other vehicles with music at similar volume levels.

I wouldn't say sketchy but I'd just like some wider wheels for peace of mind if I was planning on doing much highway driving. The thought of hitting some rough patches or water spots doing 110km/h+ on those fisher-price wheels makes me uncomfortable lol.

I don't like the thought of the weakest link on a vehicle being its only connection to the world...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spacewolf View Post
    Hoping to clock 1500-2000kms before I really start pushing the little guy.

The stock suspension is very firm, which I prefer. Road noise is pretty minimal at highway speeds IMO. I've also noticed the sound system is substantially quieter outside of the vehicle than all of my other vehicles with music at similar volume levels.

I wouldn't say sketchy but I'd just like some wider wheels for peace of mind if I was planning on doing much highway driving. The thought of hitting some rough patches or water spots doing 110km/h+ on those fisher-price wheels makes me uncomfortable lol.

I don't like the thought of the weakest link on a vehicle being its only connection to the world...
    You could always get some 13's from the 80's Micra and drive those at 130. Ha