Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A new Nissan for us!

Thanks
    I'm definitely interested in spending some time with this car, even though it's for my wife...I did a brief write-up of my thoughts here: http://mymicra.com/?p=562 We're taking delivery of it tomorrow, and yes, I'm keeping my Micra.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    fascinating. do keep us updated with your ups and downs with the versa note
    Vancouver SNOWpocalypse !!!!1!11!one (....not really)

https://youtu.be/IZcz-MqjuzQ

Thanks
    First impressions: Very smooth, much more refined and more quiet than the Micra. Overall feels of higher quality. As much as I like the Micra, I can see why it would have helped sales of the Versa Note. Will put snow tires on steel rims tomorrow, going with the 15" steels for the snows.
    Name:  newversa.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  96.4 KB

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-16-2017)

Thanks
    your family looks great! and so does the car

one thing i really dislike about the versa fascia, unlike my micra, is the way the headlight design 'forks' at the meeting point with the grill. sorta like the 3rd gen prius, but more exaggerated. maybe it's just me

6. The Following User Says Thank You to micrapolis For This Useful Post:

AlphaMicra (01-14-2017)

Thanks
    Micrapolis, the Versa Note is unusual in that it looks much better in real life 3D than it does in two dimensional pictures. For example, in photographs, it looks as though the headlight design "Forks" at the meeting point with the grill because 2D does that. When you see it in real life, you see that it's not really forking at all, but rather the grille looks as though it's pushing along the headlights to create a really striking affect with the turn signal light sitting above the grill and the headlight sitting beside the turn signal light and the grill. This allows the really attractive grill, finished in glossy piano black, to stretch further across the front of the car. Perhaps this perspective might help: Name:  IMG_20170115_124932532.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  99.1 KB

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

micrapolis (01-15-2017)

Thanks
    I drove the Versa Note for a week when it first came out and I liked the car quite a bit. However when it came time to buy I opted for the lighter weight Micra with the better price point. I probably would have been just as happy in a Versa Note though (and the wider availability of aftermarket parts doesn't hurt either).
    First car: 1984 silver Nissan Micra
    Current car: 2016 Gun Metallic Nissan Micra SV

10. The Following User Says Thank You to geodude For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-16-2017)

Thanks
    TIL!

thanks, i guess with all the versa notes travelling around me, i've neglected to take a closer look.

i still have to give nissan credit for giving the hatch version of the versa to canadians, and leaving the silly sedan only version for the Muricans

Thanks
    If you get a chance to make a note (HA! pun intended)...

I'd be interested in engine RPM at various cruising speeds to compare to the Micra.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    A quick trip on the highway and it was down at around 2200 RPM at around 120 km/h, though I didn't maintain that speed for very long before I had to exit, so I don't consider that 100% accurate. I have been suitably impressed with how low the engine turns at cruising speeds. It's driven around town a lot lately, I'll have better numbers the next time we visit my parents.

The CVT is definitely a better automatic than an automatic, but I still prefer my manual transmission.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-18-2017)

Thanks
    What a difference!

Compare to ~3300 RPM for the 5-speed Micra, or ~3000 RPM for the automatic Micra at the same speed!

(Based on a quick look at the charts in: Gear ratios: 2015 Micra transmission, 5-speed & automatic (speed vs RPM) UK also )

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...