Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great handling stock car

Thanks

Great handling stock car

So I've now had my car for almost 2 weeks, and I just keep getting more impressed with the great handling in this "lil race car" the cornering is tight and the car on a whole is very well balanced, I've driven cars that cost 4x as much =40000$ 😂 that are not on par, so I'm pretty excited how the car will handle once I add upper and rear sway bars.

Thanks
    Wait until you get some eibachs under there! can you say go cart! I am adding eibachs, 17" rims and lower profile tires, Ultra racing bracing. I am going to get the injen intake and fujitsubo exhaust as well. a good bump in power for not a lot of money! I LOVE the micra.

Thanks
    Is the ultra racing the better setup with our micra compared to the other brands? And I looked at the eibach's but it only lowers the car .8 front .6 rear, do they carry different springs.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwarsdad View Post
    So I've now had my car for almost 2 weeks, and I just keep getting more impressed with the great handling in this "lil race car" the cornering is tight and the car on a whole is very well balanced, I've driven cars that cost 4x as much =40000$ �� that are not on par, so I'm pretty excited how the car will handle once I add upper and rear sway bars.
    I have to agree! Helps that the engine is super peppy and gets the lightweight car moving despite only being a 1.6. The only thing is I'm a little concerned about is cornering too aggressively given the top-heavy stance and narrow tires. As mentioned that can be fairly easily remedied. Down the road I may pick up some sticky 205-spec rubber when my OEMs a toast.
    First car: 1984 silver Nissan Micra
    Current car: 2016 Gun Metallic Nissan Micra SV

Thanks
    Definitely top heavy it's very noticeable on Windy days, but with a nice drop and some strut bars this should be solved.

Thanks
    I like how they took care of the top-heaviness of the K12 Micra:

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwarsdad View Post
    Is the ultra racing the better setup with our micra compared to the other brands? And I looked at the eibach's but it only lowers the car .8 front .6 rear, do they carry different springs.
    Ultra looks to be the best bet for bracing. With the Eibachs, there is more to it than lowering. Spring rate is the big thing. I had eibachs on 3 vehicles and tanabe on one that was later changed for the eibachs. I always used the pro kit. They are going on my micra and my A4 cabrio this spring. Lower is not always better unless your only going for looks.

Thanks
    Very true on the lowering aspect...Do you know anything about B&G springs from Germany?

Thanks
    They are supposed to be good. I just had awesome luck with eibachs. that's why I am sticking with them.....

Thanks
    If it ain't broke don't fix it..��