Thread: A micra cup racer needs your help

Thanks

A micra cup racer needs your help

Stefan Radzinski driver of the micra cup #69 micra cup car known as "peanut" is in need of your vote on the Facebook race of champions page. If you are on Facebook and have a minute it takes to vote it would be greatly appreciated. This kid wants to race with his hero's and would be a great representative of Canada at this event. He is currently in second place in voting for north America and needs help to make this happen. I know first hand that the micra cup series is one big family and this forum and it's members are part of the family!

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Link please lol

Thanks

Thanks
    Done

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Moose For This Useful Post:

Pete (01-08-2017)

Thanks
    I forgot to mention that with your vote you get a chance to win signed race gear by a hall of fame list of drivers.When I looked at the driver roster for this event my jaw dropped. Stefan is now leading this thing by close to three thousand votes with just over 27 hours to vote as contest ends Monday at 1:00 et.

Thanks
    Voted!

And it worked!

Nissan Micra Cup driver, Stefan Rzadzinski, rallies his local community to earn coveted spot in annual Race of Champions competition

Edmontonian crusades to earn nearly 10,000 votes, clinching spot with Team ROC Factor North America

Mississauga, Ont. – Yesterday, Nissan Micra Cup driver Stefan Rzadzinski won the opportunity of a lifetime to participate in the Race Of Champions – an annual event bringing together the world's finest motorsport drivers for head-to-head battles. Through an online, vote-driven contest this year, one driver from North America had the chance to take on the racing legends competing at the first Race of Champions to take place on North American soil. After a close voting race and an onslaught of community support, Stefan was deemed the lucky winner. Stefan will represent Team ROC Factor North America in the Race of Champions, taking place on January 21st and 22nd in Miami, Florida.

In addition to winning what the motorsport community calls a "racer's dream", this opportunity will help put Stefan as well as his hometown of Edmonton, Alberta on the map in the world of motorsports. The race brings together some of the world's greatest drivers from IndyCar, Formula 1, NASCAR, Le Mans, MotoGP and Rally X for one fast and furious weekend of racing. This year, the Race of Champions offered one driver from North America the opportunity to lineup alongside Canada's IndyCar star James Hinchcliffe in the Race of Champions Nations Cup. The winner will also have the chance to race a field including Team USA NASCAR's Kyle and Kurt Busch, Team USA IndyCar's Alexander Rossi and Ryan Hunter-Reay and Team USA Rally X's Travis Pastrana and Scott Speed – all in identical cars.

Competition for the single North American spot was extremely competitive, as Stefan was competing against a popular IndyCar driver from the U.S. who received numerous celebrity endorsements. In order to secure the winning spot, Stefan put his trust in his family, friends and his local community.

To Stefan's surprise, he received an insurmountable level of support from fellow Edmonton residents, as well as from fans across Canada. Through frequent and heartfelt social media updates and media interviews, Stefan was able to rally a large number of supporters who were with him every step of the way. His supporters included Premier Rachel Notley of Alberta, Mayor Don Iveson of Edmonton, Mayor Naheed Kurban Nenshi of Calgary, the Edmonton Oilers and Andrew Ference, a former NHL player.

Following a tight race, Stefan received nearly 10,000 votes earning him the top spot ahead of nine other contestants. "I still can't quite believe that I will be representing Canada and my hometown of Edmonton, Alberta at the upcoming Race of Champions," said Stefan Rzadzinski. "The opportunity to drive alongside racing legends is truly an honour, and a dream I could not have achieved without the love and support of my community. I'm extremely grateful and look forward to what this incredible opportunity might bring to my future in motorsports."

Stefan started kart racing at eight years old and has been chasing his dream ever since. Now an experienced driver, Stefan has also raced on the IndyCar circuit and most recently, in the Nissan Micra Cup. For the past two years, Stefan, 24, has been a frontrunner in the Nissan Micra Cup series based in Ontario and Quebec. Racing in an Ici Pneu/Tireland car and sponsored by the Groupe Touchette, Stefan finished third overall in the 2015 season and fourth overall in the 2016 season.

Stefan, the only Nissan Micra Cup driver from Western Canada, has earned 13 podium places overall in the Nissan Micra Cup, including four first place wins, making him a fan favourite with high aspirations for the future.

"The Nissan Micra Cup community is very proud of Stefan's continued success and looks forward to seeing him compete at the Race of Champions," said Jacques Deshaies, promoter of the Nissan Micra Cup. "As the most affordable racing series in Canada, the Nissan Micra Cup was created to help propel the careers of young drivers in the world of motorsports, and we can't wait to see what Stefan's future holds."

source: http://nissannews.com/en-CA/nissan/c...ns-competition

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Pete (01-10-2017)