Thread: Anyone figured out how to remove the parking light bulb?

Thanks

Anyone figured out how to remove the parking light bulb?

The little bulb underneath the big headlight bulb in the housing. I successfully got the wire connector off (just a push tab you have to depress then pull) but the bulb and holder are still stuck pretty good. Tried both twisting and pulling with my bare hands but it's cold out and it's hard to get a good grip in that cramped space. Wondering if I just need to twist harder, or something...

First car: 1984 silver Nissan Micra
    Current car: 2016 Gun Metallic Nissan Micra SV

Thanks
    I have no idea but I did find a video showing how to change the headlight bulb. Maybe looking at this video will give you an idea on how. I've watched it and I can see a second bulb in the same area and that may be the parking bulb. If that's it sticking up try using a hair dryer to warm up the socket before twisting on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OdRFtWbtrw

Thanks
    The video will definitely help me with my impending headlight bulb change, but unfortunately gives me pretty much the same view of the back of the bulb as I've already had. That thing will not come out with any amount of twisting that I've managed to do. Looking at it from outside the housing it appears as though if you somehow manage to turn it, some tabs could potentially line up to corresponding holes to allow the holder to come out. I've given up for the time being.

Thanks
    Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I figured this would be helpful.

I replaced my parking lights with LEDs, the same ones that fit in the interior dome light and the plate light (2825, also known as T10).

You need to remove the bumper to get any kind of access to these fixtures. They twist out like normal light bulbs but they are really tough to get at with the bumper in place.

Thanks
    Name:  20200525_172123.jpg
Views: 3872
Size:  83.9 KB

This is the fixture i was able to turn it the 1/4 turn or however much to get it out. the top turns towards the engine. you just have to stand a bit awkward to get a grip and turn.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ontario_micra View Post
    Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I figured this would be helpful.

I replaced my parking lights with LEDs, the same ones that fit in the interior dome light and the plate light (2825, also known as T10).

You need to remove the bumper to get any kind of access to these fixtures. They twist out like normal light bulbs but they are really tough to get at with the bumper in place.
    I've changed my parking light bulbs to LED's and you definitely do not have to remove the bumper to get at them.
    They're not easy to reach and it takes more effort, but you can get them out the same way the headlights come out.
    They're right below the headlights installed at an upward angle.
    I recommend removing the headlight fixtures to get better access to the parking light fixtures.
    I used some angle pliers to start the fixture turning, after that it's not too hard to get them out and replace them by hand.
    FYI they turn counter-clockwise to remove them, just like the headlights - be gentle and go slowly.

These are the LEDs I used (cool white bulbs): https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...car/1127/2672/

I installed the same ones as reverse lights (cool white bulbs) and as front yellow marker lights (warm white bulbs).

I also used this LED bulb to replace the bulb in the trunk, which makes a huge lighting improvement in the trunk at night. It's a bit longer than the stock bulb, but it fits if you bend the connectors outward slightly:
    https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...1mm/4015/8737/

SuperbrightLEDs are great, everything I've purchased from them has been excellent quality.

Cheers.
    Last edited by shrugsarefree; 05-28-2020 at 10:27 PM.

Thanks
    Today I changed my license plate bulb & noticed both amber headlight side markers were burnt out as well &
    one of the small bulbs inside a headlight. These all take the same type of bulb so I bought a few packs.
    I had tried to remove the inner lower headlight bulb before & also gave up but today I tried a different technique.
    I left the power cable connected & this gave enough material to get a grip on the bulb assembly without tools to twist & remove it.
    I also removed the main headlight power connector to get better access for the angled bulb underneath.
    Same technique for the upper side marker bulbs removal.
    I did not upgrade to LED, thats for next time.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimwilly View Post
    Today I changed my license plate bulb & noticed both amber headlight side markers were burnt out as well &
    one of the small bulbs inside a headlight. These all take the same type of bulb so I bought a few packs.
    I had tried to remove the inner lower headlight bulb before & also gave up but today I tried a different technique.
    I left the power cable connected & this gave enough material to get a grip on the bulb assembly without tools to twist & remove it.
    I also removed the main headlight power connector to get better access for the angled bulb underneath.
    Same technique for the upper side marker bulbs removal.
    I did not upgrade to LED, thats for next time.
    I'll have to give that a try next time!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to geodude For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (09-25-2022)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Remove the top headlight screw. Pull the headlight up. Try a 1/4 turn counterclockwise. If this doesn't work, try it with a glove on the hand you're twisting with. If this doesn't work, you're going to have to remove the headlight or try heating the socket up with a hard dryer or heat gun to soften the plastic before you try twisting. If they have never been unscrewed before, they're going to be quite tight.