Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MICRA SR AUTO Caspian Sea w/Orange Trim - Ottawa

Thanks

MICRA SR AUTO Caspian Sea w/Orange Trim - Ottawa

Went at the dealer on Thursday and purchased a Caspian Sea w/Orange trim Micra SR w/automatic transmission. I will be picking it up on Monday. We bought the car for our mother since she no longer has wheels. She doesn't know yet and we hope she likes it. We most definitely do but my mom has always had 6 cyl engines most of her life. I think it will be quite an adjustment for her to get use to the size of the car but thankfully, there's lots of room in the drivers seat. We love that the height of the seat can be adjusted (option only available on the SV and SR). We already know that our mother's colour choice wouldn't be Caspian Sea but we want her to look hip .

Last edited by Stella; 05-04-2014 at 05:38 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella For This Useful Post:

FunFun (05-23-2014)

Thanks
    Hi Stella -

Well, doesn't Mom have a nice daughter!

Mind me asking which dealership? Did you drive the car yourself?

And welcome to the forum. Please let us know what she thinks!

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Hi Darin,

Yes I did test drive the car myself. We had four adults in the car when I went. The car did well despite its small engine. I was quite surprised. I really couldn't tell that the car had four adults in it. My MK3 Focus doesn't even take off like that. Not comparable when you floor it but definitely something I liked for city commuting. I did go on the highway and felt comfortable. I didn't feel like the car was being blown away from wind or whatever else. Also love how the car can turn on a dime. Was very impressed by that. I have a steering limiter on my MK3 and find myself having to correct myself very often when I go to park. I would have bought that car for myself had it came out back in 2011.

Bought the car at 417 Nissan in Ottawa.

Haven't quite decided yet how to present it to her but it sure will be fun

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    I would have bought that car for myself had it came out back in 2011.
    Instead of a Focus - that's quite the compliment to the wee Micra.

Bought the car at 417 Nissan in Ottawa.
    AHA. The reason I asked is because the Micra I saw at the Ottawa auto show in March was a Caspian Sea SR automatic...

... and the staff on hand said following the show it would be going directly to the dealership (Hunt Club). So it would have been one of the first ones available for sale in Ottawa.

Haven't quite decided yet how to present it to her but it sure will be fun
    I bet! Let us know how it goes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    PS: "pics, or it didn't happen."

(Kidding, but I would like to see what the car looks like with orange accents.)

Thanks
    I'll have the car tomorrow. They said it will be ready for 7pm. Hopefully it won't be too dark out. As for my Focus, don't get me wrong it's a fantastic car but I did pay almost twice as much for it compared to the Micra. The two cars are not comparable because of the price difference and all the gadgets that come with. Had I known then that I was going to buy a house, I would have bought the Micra S with manual transmission ha ha . 10k for a car is absolutely fantastic!

I haven't checked this forum out all that much yet but I assume that I'll need to save my pix on photo bucket first?

Thanks
    The forum will resize large photos uploaded as attachments to your post, but it's sometimes wonky. And can be slow.

I just tried a 1.2 MB, 2592w x 1944h photo and it worked OK... after taking a while.

Photobucket is an option for sure.

Thanks
    Another good site is Imgur. I like to use their Large Thumbnail Linked BBCode link when posting to a forum.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ustauk For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-06-2014)

Thanks
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1781
Size:  95.7 KB

Not sure if this is going to work. It's missing the coloured caps for the wheels and we should hopefully get those this week. Apparently lots of people stop by the dealer to have a look at it as it was attracting people. It's just that nice looking if a car :P.

It wasn't sunny out and it was getting late so the pic is not as best as it could be.

My mother is happy. Loves it so far

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-06-2014)

Thanks
    I bet she is! It looks great - that combo is fun & unique.

If you or your mom feel like posting a mini-review about the car sometime, we'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Darin