Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Micra S: add air conditioning/cruise control later?

Thanks
    Yeah getting the matching airbag is the biggest issue and we don't have a wrecker up here AFAIK just some junk yards. The probability of me finding the exact wheel I want at a junkyard with the airbag still intact is next to zero.

However, I did find DIY "leather" kits on aliexpress but I cant sew to save my life.

https://m.aliexpress.com/amp/item/32821456548.html

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    Has anyone looked further into this?
    Its says a/c is an option for the S ..
    24 years ago I purchased a Suzuiki X90 and was able to have. OEM factory air conditioning installed after purchase by the dealer,for $2000.00.It would be nice if Nissan could do the same...but they don't.
    Going out and buying aftermarket diy air conditioning is expensive (espesially if a mechanic installs it)and in the end not always as good or reliable as factory.I went to college and took automotive HVAC and was licenced for CFC's. and diagnosed/repaired HVAC systems,for 10 years.There are aftermarket HVAC packages(they won't have a factory appearance on the interior of your car and being aftermarket it nessecitates being creative to make it fit under the hood). It would save alot of trouble to simply get your Micra with it when purchased or trade up to one already optioned.Aftermarket parts(condensor,receiver/dryer,compressor,evaporator,belts ,pulleys,refrigerant,hoses, H valve,electrical switches) all have to be matched together and you will find it doesn't fit together,on your Micra,or work very well.Afterward if you did it wrong it won't work.I was interested in tackling this myself but it is not worth it.Purchasing new Nissan HVAC parts for a project is more than the car is worth.Purchasing used oem parts from a wrecker is not an option either,since the integrity of the components will be questionable as they may be corroded internally.

Air conditioning components corrode from the inside out when exposed to air if previously used with refrigerent.(refrigerent is corrosive in combination with air).NOTE If your Micra air conditioner isn't as cold as it should be get it looked at .For example...If it has leaked at an o ring or developed a leak else whereand the remaining refrigerent mixes with air it starts to corrode the system from the inside causing unseen damage. I just open my windows and drive fast.I don't have A/C in my new Micra or the old one ,previous.
    Last edited by Robert; 06-08-2020 at 04:30 PM.

Thanks

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

LilGeckos (06-08-2020)

Thanks
    That is an aftermarket version.

Thanks
    Excellent add-on for hot weather climates. That's a funny picture.