Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Micra S: add air conditioning/cruise control later?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chef Groleau View Post
    I am ready to bet that it is prewired... since taking my steering wheel apart this past weekend. Been thinking of buying a steering wheel from an SV or SR with the airbag blown from the wrecker. If the price is low enough Ill buy one just to find out. Worst case senario, I'll end up with just steering wheel mounted radio control.

It's gotta be pre-wired.. The SV manual has cruise control. It wouldn't make sense to vary the wiring that much on identically spec'd vehicles. I haven't spent much time wrenching on my micra yet though so I definitely can't confirm.

I was looking at the S and while I can live without A/C for 95% of the year, installing power locks and power windows after the fact wasn't very appealing but I didn't realize it had no CC either.

Who wants to put money on one of these wheels from the Versa Note fitting our Micra?

Thanks
    So I talked to a Nissan technician today. They never tried to add cruise control to a Micra S, but was able to tell me that at least some of the componment are indeed prewired. What he was not able to tell me is if all I need is a steering wheel with the ac controls from micra sv/sr with the attached harness. Or if there is other parts that will be required to make it work.

So I shall be the guinea pig, next time I am at the wrecker Ill buy a steering wheel and try it out. As long I buy one with a blown airbag (ill install the one currently in my car), It should be cheap enough to take the gamble.
    Last edited by Chef Groleau; 06-18-2017 at 01:02 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chef Groleau For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-20-2017)

Thanks
    The steering wheel is an upgrade either way. Try and snag an SR or a Versa Note (SL?) one. I can try tracing the CC line in mine and see if it connects to a module or not. It's really hard to find North American parts/diagrams/documentation still..

I think the only difference between the SV and SR wheels is leather trim? Which is worth it IMO.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spacewolf View Post
    The steering wheel is an upgrade either way. Try and snag an SR or a Versa Note (SL?) one. I can try tracing the CC line in mine and see if it connects to a module or not. It's really hard to find North American parts/diagrams/documentation still..

I think the only difference between the SV and SR wheels is leather trim? Which is worth it IMO.
    I didnt even think about the leather trim... thats a bonus, good call.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chef Groleau View Post
    So I shall be the guinea pig, next time I am at the wrecker Ill buy a steering wheel and try it out.
    WOohoo!

And if it works, everybody who follows in your pioneering footsteps should send you $5 so you can retire early.

I know in some cars, the steering wheel is all that's physically needed, but the computer has to be re-flashed to enable the feature.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    WOohoo!

And if it works, everybody who follows in your pioneering footsteps should send you $5 so you can retire early.
    The temptation of early retirement was too much. I just left the auto wrecker with a leather wrapped steering wheel for 60$. Worst case scenario ill have leather and working audio control. Im really hoping cruise control is plug and play

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chef Groleau For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-15-2017)

Thanks
    Very exciting. ETA?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Well.... I have a nice leather steering wheel with decorative controls on it.
    I have a plug with 8 wires going to a receing plug with one prong. Guess I am returning to the wrecker and getting wiring harness and a compatible spiral cable clock spring assy to make everything work. I know I can at least make the audio control work. Will have to wait and find out about the cruise control. If its just wires... Ill get it working, if it need programing. Ill be **** out of luck
    Name:  20170715_185319.jpg
Views: 3363
Size:  95.1 KB

Name:  20170715_191434.jpg
Views: 3316
Size:  92.3 KB Spiral Cable Clock Spring Assy
    Last edited by Chef Groleau; 07-16-2017 at 02:50 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chef Groleau For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-15-2017)

Thanks
    How do you find the leather steering wheel versus non-leather? I'm contemplating either upgrading mine to the leather trim or finding a Juke/Sentra leather steering wheel and air bag.

Thanks
    I like the feel and it is slightly thicker, which I find nice.

The nice thing about sticking with the Micra wheel. Is that you can use your existing airbag with it.
    I am sure the wrecker would want a pretty penny to sell you a wheel with the airbag.