Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Test drove it, bought it: 2015 Micra SV automatic

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Question Test drove it, bought it: 2015 Micra SV automatic

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    Went back today, verified some things, even took it out for a spin! Fun times!
    -The digital display is most definitely metric only. There is absolutely no way to switch it to miles. One button is to cycle through the options and hold to reset the two trip odometers, the other adjusts the instrument cluster brightness when the headlights are on.
    -The light I thought was a low washer fluid light really is a low washer fluid light.
    -The USB port will play MP3's from a USB drive stick, as well as a standard MP3 player. Has trouble with my Android phone.
    -The automatic is fine, but I now know for certain that I will enjoy the stick shift much more.
    I'm sitting in that very dealership right now. I just drove it. P.s, they said your test drive was a little long

Anyways, I enjoyed the drive very much. Very roomy interior. Seriously considering purchasing this very one.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
    I'm sitting in that very dealership right now. I just drove it. P.s, they said your test drive was a little long
    Well, they're taking a little too long getting mine delivered to me, so I don't think they should complain. I enjoyed it so much, I was thinking of cancelling my order and just buying that one.

Anyways, I enjoyed the drive very much. Very roomy interior. Seriously considering purchasing this very one.
    It's solidly built and performs well equally on the highway as it does around town. Definitely not tinny. Love the steering wheel mounted controls, and the sound system sounds much better than I expected.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    Well, they're taking a little too long getting mine delivered to me, so I don't think they should complain. I enjoyed it so much, I was thinking of cancelling my order and just buying that one.

It's solidly built and performs well equally on the highway as it does around town. Definitely not tinny. Love the steering wheel mounted controls, and the sound system sounds much better than I expected.
    Haha well the salesman was just being facetious. I liked the nifty feeling in and out of busy traffic on Dundas, and there's definitely enough power there to dart quickly anywhere I needed to. My drive was brief Because they were closing soon, but I wish I could have gotten some highway time with it.

I did agree to purchase the Micra though, put a deposit down to secure it. I'm really excited!

Thanks
    Haha well the salesman was just being facetious.
    I've been harassing...er, I mean calling them every day.

I liked the nifty feeling in and out of busy traffic on Dundas, and there's definitely enough power there to dart quickly anywhere I needed to. My drive was brief Because they were closing soon, but I wish I could have gotten some highway time with it.
    On the highway it has no problem keeping up with traffic; I cruised along sedately at 120km/h with my wife and son, and it had plenty more to offer. I pushed the corners at the Thickson Road exit from the Eastbound 401, and the Micra handled them quite nicely. Even the seats are amazingly comfortable with great lateral support. It feels like it's a much more expensive car in every respect.

I did agree to purchase the Micra though, put a deposit down to secure it. I'm really excited!
    Good choice; it's a sweet car. Almost made me want to pass up waiting for my stick shift Micra.

Last edited by AlphaMicra; 05-02-2014 at 07:09 PM.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-02-2014)

Thanks
    Congrats! When do you get it?

I thought you were going for a manual.

TEAM MANUAL!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Congrats! When do you get it?

I thought you were going for a manual.

TEAM MANUAL!!
    I'm not sure, hopefully within a couple of days!

I went in there with the mindset of getting a manual, but then I just loved the feel of the automatic. I'm just not a patient guy and get way too excited haha.

Thanks
    I'm not sure, hopefully within a couple of days!

I went in there with the mindset of getting a manual, but then I just loved the feel of the automatic. I'm just not a patient guy and get way too excited haha.
    It is a very well matched automatic for this car; shifts are smooth, and overdrive does quite nicely at highway speeds.

Thanks
    (FYI: I moved the posts about today's test drive & purchase into this new, dedicated thread. Originally they were in this thread: Got Micra questions? Post them here to get answers from a Nissan Canada expert)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    So nice to walk into the dealership this morning to see the sold sign on my car. I'm just waiting to hear back about the financing approval and I'll be good to go!

Thanks
    Sounds good! What payment length did you go for, or is that ironed out yet?

I've been reading a few articles about how long some of the financing is going these days (84, even 96 months) and the issues that can cause (upside down loans).