Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Test drove it, bought it: 2015 Micra SV automatic

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    So I've been forced to turn away from the Micra.

The great opportunity program for buyers who need help establishing credit, or working with somewhat damaged credit, turns out to be a somewhat clever scheme to pull in customers with false hope.

I received a call today telling me that I qualified for Micra's opportunity program. Initially I was excited, until they informed me that the rate was 9.6%, and that it was a lease only option.

Of course I immediately rejected the offer. I had been led to believe for months by my salesman that this program would be exactly what I was looking for. Now I'm walking away incredibly disappointed.

Thanks
    BUMMER.

You're the second prospective Micra owner turned away by financing details.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in your intro didn't you say you were acquainted with your local Nissan dealer? I assume it's not the same place where you offered to buy this one. If so, any chance they may be more willing to work with you?

Local helps, sometimes. Like me forgetting my wallet ... and going shopping for a bunch of things at the local hardware store. The owner knew my face: "That's OK, take it and come back to pay for it later," he said.

Obviously not the same as buying a car, but you see what I'm getting at.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yeah it was a totally different place. Perhaps local will help, but I don't want to apply for credit again just in case. For someone attempting to work on fixing and maintaining credit, if I continually apply for loans, it'll only look worse. Maybe I should have waited a bit longer. I have no debt, nor do I have many financial obligations, so I thought that I was in a good position to take a crack at it.

Thanks
    I'm sorry to hear it. If I were in your shoes, I'd get a used Dodge/Chrysler product and drive that until my credit rating was better.

Why Dodge/Chrysler? Because those cars depreciate the worst out of any car, but they're actually not that bad. The steep depreciation works to your advantage in the used car market. Also, parts are cheap and they're generally easy to work on.

For example: Summit Ford has a 2009 Caliber SXT for $5995:
    http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Dodge/Cal...howcpo=ShowCPO
    That's a five year old car with just over 118,000 km on the odometer; accident free, one owner. You'd probably get another five years and another 118,000 km out of that car easily with basic maintenance.

Shop around, you might even find a better deal than that; I just found that one with a quick search on auto trader. There's also Kijiji and Craigslist.

Good luck!

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
    Yeah it was a totally different place. Perhaps local will help, but I don't want to apply for credit again just in case. For someone attempting to work on fixing and maintaining credit, if I continually apply for loans, it'll only look worse. Maybe I should have waited a bit longer. I have no debt, nor do I have many financial obligations, so I thought that I was in a good position to take a crack at it.
    Find someone to be a guarantor for you?