Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: My New Micra (Red Alert SV automatic, Hamilton)

Thanks
    Name:  100_6843.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  97.1 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Antruby View Post
    I have had my new Micra for two weeks tomorrow.
    Got it Monday May 5 th 2014. What a fantastic car. Love the color. Love the car. Today I drove up to 120 kl per hour and the tach was only at 2900. I question the one that said the Micra was loud at 120 kl per hour and was at 3500 RPM. Must not have bin in overdrive.
    A good clean after two weeks running.

Antruby (Rose) My blog is Antruby.com
    I love this fantastic Micra. Love the ride. Love the colour. Love the size. Love the light in the hatchback. Love the bluetooth. Love the fact the rear windows go all the way down. Love the headlights that someone took time to aim in the right places. Love the fuel filler being on the drivers side. Love that the fuel filler door locks from inside the car. (No need for key.) Love the stainless steel license bolts put on by dealer.

Thanks
    My Husband keeps the car full of fuel for me or I would run out. I never look at that gauge. I do look for that little gas pump then I tell him it is lit.
    Oh! Oh! I just about ran out of fuel. (All bars gone but still Running) Happy to find filler on drivers side where it should be.
    Name:  100_6854.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  92.5 KB
    I love this fantastic Micra. Love the ride. Love the colour. Love the size. Love the light in the hatchback. Love the bluetooth. Love the fact the rear windows go all the way down. Love the headlights that someone took time to aim in the right places. Love the fuel filler being on the drivers side. Love that the fuel filler door locks from inside the car. (No need for key.) Love the stainless steel license bolts put on by dealer.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Oh! Oh! I just about ran out of fuel. (All bars gone but still Running) Happy to find filler on drivers side where it should be.
    Name:  100_6854.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  92.5 KB
    THANKS! AuntRuby!..amazing pic's you have shared.! Can't wait till my little Micra makes it to Canada. !

Thanks
    Name:  100_6862.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  84.5 KBName:  100_6863.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  83.2 KBName:  100_6864.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  84.5 KB
    My Husband keeps the car full of fuel for me or I would run out. I never look at that gauge. I do look for that little gas pump then I tell him it is lit.
    IMPORTANT: My Husband Bruce said you near ran out of fuel so you should check the fliud levels. I reported back to him.
    No brake fluid.
    No coolant.
    No washer fluid.
    Engine oil was full.
    He says the brake fluid was full to the top and so clean you can not see it through the white plastic. (Only if you take the cap off.)
    The coolant jug is 14 inches high and the Min. mark is 2 inches from the bottom. At cold it had 5 inches in the 14 inch jug and that is ok. Washer fluid was hard to see once it was used below the filler tube but it was fine. (Yard sales Tomorrow)
    Last edited by Antruby; 05-23-2014 at 08:25 PM. Reason: more script

Thanks
    Don't forget to check your blinker fluid level.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-24-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    Don't forget to check your blinker fluid level.

Can't find the reservoir.

Thanks
    In Nissans the blinker fluid tank is next to the muffler bearings.

--

Antruby, have you or Bruce been monitoring your Micra's fuel economy? What does your L/100 km display said after a tank of fuel?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    In Nissans the blinker fluid tank is next to the muffler bearings.

--

Antruby, have you or Bruce been monitoring your Micra's fuel economy? What does your L/100 km display said after a tank of fuel?
    4.3/100 km I think. That is all hwy. all overdrive.

Thanks
    Really? 4.3 would be astonishingly good!

How fast do you typically cruise on the highway?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Really? 4.3 would be astonishingly good!

How fast do you typically cruise on the highway?
    54 miles per hour according to the Tom Tom. This week was all flat hwy driving. One person (Driver) in car. No spare tire or jack.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Antruby For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-25-2014)