Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Nissan Micra Canadian sales figures, 2014-2020 (vs. Spark & Mirage)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Londonguy View Post
    I was comparing the Micra SV Auto to the Versa SV, which is over $2000 more.
    Gotcha. I agree with you, fewer people are likely to pay $2000 for a CVT and a little more space, especially when the Micra looks a helluva lot better. It'd be interesting to see the sales figures per trim level. I bet the SV trim of the Versa would have the biggest drop in sales compared to the others.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    From a review of the Versa in the Star:

The Nissan Versa Note feels their pain. This reborn four-door compact hatchback wasn’t on sale for a year before the bratty Nissan Micra came along and stole its thunder. Trumpeted as the cheapest . . . er, least expensive car in Canada at $9,998, the ovoid little Micra got more press than a Kardashian butt lift.
    Nice find. I think Micra vs. Versa Note deserves a dedicated thread... coming up...

EDIT -- here it is...
    Thread: Nissan Micra vs. Versa Note comparison ... Did you consider a Note?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Looks like Nissan is right on their target schedule of 10K per year!

I can't believe the other MFG's are letting this slide with out any serious effort to compete?

If they're waiting for Nissan to raise the price...it might be too late to recover at that point, as the Micra will have a solid foothold and is better spec'd/looking anyway.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

2014 Canadian sales of other small cars vs. Micra

Interesting, interesting...

• Scion iQ ... 315
    • Chevrolet Spark ... 1577
    • Mazda 2 ... 2449
    • Smart ForTwo ... 2550
    • Toyota Prius C ... 2776
    • Mini Cooper ... 3278* (estimated; missing Dec. sales)
    • Mitsubishi Mirage ... 4048
    • Fiat 500 ... 5566
    • Nissan Micra ... 7815 (8.5 months sales)
    • Toyota Yaris ... 8530
    • Ford Fiesta ... 9312
    • Nissan Micra ... 11,032 (estimated for 12 months)
    • Honda Fit ... 11,732
    • Nissan Versa ... 13,314
    • Kia Rio ... 13,952
    • Hyundai Accent ... 23,173

(Did I miss any?)

Source: http://goodcarbadcar.net/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    thats...nothing short of impressive

i look forward to 2015. i hope it has staying power, but only time will tell...

Thanks
    It's going to take over. I recently saw a report indicating that people don't like how complicated new cars have become. My father tried out my Micra, and was impressed at how his iPhone just worked as expected when he plugged it in and how dead simple the Bluetooth was to set up. He asked if his phone could work that easily in his Chrysler.

It's got style, it's simple while still offering plenty of features, has a great balance between power and economy, handles great, and the price can't be beat. It's stayed true to the form and art of the classic Japanese small hatch that revolutionized the industry in the late 70's. I just hope it's here to stay this time around.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    It's going to take over. I recently saw a report indicating that people don't like how complicated new cars have become. My father tried out my Micra, and was impressed at how his iPhone just worked as expected when he plugged it in and how dead simple the Bluetooth was to set up. He asked if his phone could work that easily in his Chrysler.

It's got style, it's simple while still offering plenty of features, has a great balance between power and economy, handles great, and the price can't be beat. It's stayed true to the form and art of the classic Japanese small hatch that revolutionized the industry in the late 70's. I just hope it's here to stay this time around.
    Amen brother.
    Like that interminably cute car reviewer girl said: it's a ''car car'' and it's about time. Still too much crap on it for my liking but i'm old school like that.
    I've got technology gizmodry coming out the wazoo, invading every facet of my life and it would be nice to get away from it...be able to take a simple drive, in a simple machine (that I drive on my own) without being pestered to distraction and coddled like a freakin' newborn sucking on an Iphone 'til his neck hurts.

grumpy mini rant over

EDIT: although, for a second vehicle...I would like one of those self driving Google cars...
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

Slow sales last month

679 Micras sold in January. That's its lowest (full) month since it launched.

572 Versa Notes.

I've read that January is typically a slow month for car sales, but last month was actually Nissan Canada's best January ever, overall:

Nissan Group today announced total Canadian sales for January of 7,122 units, an increase of 12.0 per cent and a January record. This sales achievement marks 18 consecutive months of record sales growth for the Nissan Group in Canada.
    Source: http://nissannews.com/en-CA/nissan/c...canadian-sales

As far as Micra goes, I can't help but think the increased competition is a factor, eg:

Thread: Hyundai joins the fight: $9400 base Accent deal

Hyundai was still advertising that Accent deal last week. Haven't checked lately, but I'll watch for their sales numbers and will report back!

Thanks
    Thanks Darin, I was just looking this morning and could not find those numbers. Also, Nissan has been running some misleading radio spots lately (in GTA) with ''Award Winning Micra'' starting @ $11,4xx... so...unless the price has changed they are making a mistake similar to what Mitsu did last summer. ($9998 base , but billboards still read $12,xxx)

EDIT:If Nissan wants to boost sales, they need to borrow my most excellent Micra/MARCH for display at the upcoming car show It's not too late! I'll take a GTR for the week
    Last edited by aftica; 02-03-2015 at 03:24 PM.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

Thanks
    I wonder if some of the confusion might be coming from the fact that in Ontario, the "all in price"
    including mandatory fees must be advertised (msrp + shipping + dealer fees). It's against the law for them to only give the base price.

https://www.omvic.on.ca/portal/Consu...InPricing.aspx

But in some other provinces (and national ad campaigns), they can advertise the price before shipping/fees.