Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Nissan Micra Canadian sales figures, 2014-2020 (vs. Spark & Mirage)

Thanks
    "Universally hated" isn't exactly right, but "polarizing" definitely is. The Mitsu has been mocked more than any car I've read about in the traditional "gearhead/enthusiast" media in the U.S. & U.K., yet it's been named "best car" in its class in Australia and elsewhere. Being "cheap to run" rather than "fun to drive" instantly dooms it in the eyes of most auto journalists. (Just as the Micra's stablemate, the "cheap to own" Versa sedan usually gets negative comments from the U.S. media.)

It definitely can't touch the Micra in terms of fun to drive (or looks).

here in vancouver, i rarely see the micras. i dunno why?
    I would be very interested in knowing the sales by province.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    is mirage really that cheaper to ride than most its competitors?
    at least with a crappy car like smart, its size, turning radious, and parking ability is unrivaled, so there's that *unique* thing going for it, that no one else has. What does mirage offer?

any time someone mentions mirage or spark, i always mention the micra. it has the looks, mpg, AND peppiness.
    Vancouver SNOWpocalypse !!!!1!11!one (....not really)

https://youtu.be/IZcz-MqjuzQ

Thanks
    Mirage has the top fuel economy you can get without buying a hybrid or a diesel. I drove one for 2 weeks and saw 4.3 L/100 km, city & highway, and that was with "harder" driving than the Micra SR I had. Driven as nicely as I treated the Micra, it could have been below 4.0 L. I suspect the warranty is the other big selling point (10 yrs powertrain).

But the way I see it, the Mirage is a car you buy "with your head", and typical enthusiasts will see it as a penalty box. Whereas the Micra you can buy with both your head and your heart.

I really should post a thread comparing the 2 cars. It's something people search for.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

7815 Micras last year

December's numbers are out. Table updated in post #1.

- 828 Micras sold. That's the lowest month so far, but I think it's normal for December sales to be lower than average.

- 7815 for the year. Remember that's only 7.5 months of sales.

- 868 monthly average . If you remove the partial first month, the average is 952.

Versa sales for the month were down a lot (-29%), its 5th month of declines. Yet the annual total was still up 8% vs. 2013.

The poor Chevy Spark...

Name:  GAZ.jpg
Views: 1128
Size:  32.7 KB

Better send it a "get well soon" card... GM only moved 27 (!) of them last month, its worst month ever (by far). Unlike Mitsubishi, GM never responded with a price cut on their base car. It really seems like they're throwing in the towel.

I think the Micra's biggest challenger in 2015 will be the new Mazda 2. Anybody know when it's coming out?

Thanks
    wow....congrats to nissan, one of my fav car companies in the world.

mazda2 will def be a superior veh in terms of specs, and looks. it is the driver's car.

the question is the price, of course.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Not surprised by the Versa sales. I was at the dealer last week looking at Micras and they had a Versa there and I don't see where the $2000 price difference is. IMO, the Micra looks better, same engine and a much better value.

Thanks
    I thought the mid-trim SV difference was much smaller than that, like about $500?

Of course at the base level, it's Micra, hands down.

Thanks
    it's amazing how consistenly ugly nissan cars are , with the exception of micra.

behold:

versa
    altima
    maxima
    versa note
    and....leaf. ew.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Londonguy View Post
    Not surprised by the Versa sales. I was at the dealer last week looking at Micras and they had a Versa there and I don't see where the $2000 price difference is. IMO, the Micra looks better, same engine and a much better value.
    From a review of the Versa in the Star:
    Quote Originally Posted by the Star
    It’s no fun when your kid brother gets all the attention. Just ask Germaine Jackson or any of those taller and less cute Osmonds.

The Nissan Versa Note feels their pain. This reborn four-door compact hatchback wasn’t on sale for a year before the bratty Nissan Micra came along and stole its thunder. Trumpeted as the cheapest . . . er, least expensive car in Canada at $9,998, the ovoid little Micra got more press than a Kardashian butt lift.

“But hang on,” says the Versa. “We both use the same 109-horsepower 1.6L engine, and with my CVT I actually get better fuel economy in the city.”

Versa continues: “I also have way more interior room. And if you don’t want to suffer the embarrassment of manually cranking your windows and locking your doors with a key while sporting unsightly sweat stains due to the lack of air conditioning, you’ll have to pony up for the Micra SV at $13,698. Which is only $600 less than my starting price of $14,298.”

Point taken. But the Micra is still cuter.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ustauk For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-07-2015)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I was comparing the Micra SV Auto to the Versa SV, which is over $2000 more.