Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Micra from Victoria, BC!

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Another Micra from Victoria, BC!

Hey guys! Recently got my Micra (about 3 weeks ago) and really loving the little thing. The unfortunate thing is I crashed my Mercedes C55 AMG while falling asleep at the wheel aboit 6 weeks ago which spurred ne into car buying fever. I saw the Micra and really liked it despite not being anything like my old vehicle! However the best positive note is I won't be paying $60-$80 per tank (300-350 kms)depending on gas prices and how hard I drive. In 3 weeks I've spent $50 and driven 800kms haha. I love modding cars and generally giving them a personal touch so I'm excited. I had a 4 bolt set of enkei rims from years ago in my civic days that I'm getting refinished and will be powder coating them some funky color! Will be minimizing the performance aspect of this car as there's not much to be had currently but will be ordering coilovers and some other suspension goodies to make up for the body roll, etc!

Here's my Micra SR

Old Mercedes C55

Thanks for looking and will be starting a thread on any modifications I do!

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum. I can totally relate to falling asleep while driving as it has almost happened to me on several occasions.

Thanks
    It's very common but I learnt my lesson. Sleep then drive!

Thanks
    yes, I do ALOT of night/long distance driving.....if you feel tired, please stop and have a nap! I put about 50-60k on a year in the night....leaving at 2am and back after sun up. Awesome on the micra tho. it will be a totally difference driving experience than the AMG. I know it was for me.

Thanks
    Sorry to hear about your Merc. Those AMG's are one sweet ride with a lot of kick to them. I have an S4 that I'm putting away for a while and getting the Micra to ease up on the miles. That's gonna be a bit of a shocker for me!! LOL
    Glad you're ok!!

Thanks
    Welcome, Vicmicra.

Sorry to hear about the MB. Hope you're no worse for wear!

I knew a woman who fell asleep while driving on a pretty regular basis -- "I usually wake up when I hit the gravel shoulder." :O

Did you get the manual or automatic with the Micra?

Don't forget to fill out a garage page: add car

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I was actually completely uninjured. Aside from some soar knuckles and my knee was bruised but that's it. By now I'm pretty much 100%! Thanks for the concern everyone!

Thanks
    Welcome fellow Victorian and white SR Micra owner! I traded a Infiniti G35X for mine at the local AUDI dealer so I too found quite a difference in fuel efficiency and nimble fun. I still sneak out in Old Yeller for some hi-octane fun on the weekends!

I hope I see you on the streets.

I've been thinking of coil-overs and suspension stuff too, maybe we can do some comparisons.

Thanks
    Hey as I said there's few mods atm. BC coilovers has sets but they're around $1200 with shipping! That's definitely one of the first 3 mods I'm going to do. First is tint, and should be done in a week or 2 and then I'm going for a front tower brace and front under brace by Tanabe and the coilovers will come last probably around Christmas! There's also an HKS exhaust I may take the plunge on!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicmicra View Post
    Hey as I said there's few mods atm. BC coilovers has sets but they're around $1200 with shipping! That's definitely one of the first 3 mods I'm going to do. First is tint, and should be done in a week or 2 and then I'm going for a front tower brace and front under brace by Tanabe and the coilovers will come last probably around Christmas! There's also an HKS exhaust I may take the plunge on!
    Do you have links to these sources?